Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: acrylic nail on index finger for strumming, good idea or not?

Well here goes. Went to my local Tractor Supply and purchased a 32 oz container of Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker ($12.99 a lifetime supply I know). The cashier gals praised this product for nail and hand care. Need to get some cuetips to apply. Nails already feel like there is a strong coating on them. Will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    That sounds interesting
    Buy a box of artificial nails of all sizes (v. cheap). Get gluedots (the thin variety). Find the right size artificial nail for your particular finger. If the art. nail is more curved than your natural nail, you can tweak the curve by putting it in a bowl of hot water and applying some pressure. Trim art. nail roughly to length. Clean your natural nail with alcohol. Apply gluedot on nail (natural or artificial, whatever is easiest). Mount artificial nail. Smooth over the transition between artificial nail bottom and skin (that's an area which could catch the string during strumming), using medical tape. File nail into shape; polish. This will last a show or a long rehearsal. Keep dry! Remove nail with water. You can re-use nail, using a fresh gluedot. OK, it's a bit of work, but it will protect your natural nails, or save you when you need to play when a nail is broken, and it's non toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by BBQUKER View Post
    Well here goes. Went to my local Tractor Supply and purchased a 32 oz container of Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker ($12.99 a lifetime supply I know). The cashier gals praised this product for nail and hand care. Need to get some cuetips to apply. Nails already feel like there is a strong coating on them. Will keep you posted.
    I have been putting it on everyday for about a week. I think my nail feel stronger. I am waiting till my nails grow a bit before I really test them. Pluck
    Plucking and strumming with my thumb for now.

Thread Information