Fretwire

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was feeling a bit bored so instead of deleting it, I answered a questionair that Stewmac had sent me via Email...When I'd completed it they offered me a 10% discount on any order:) ...So I ordered 96 ft of fine fretwire ...How long will that last me ? works out at about 61 pence per foot. ;) ..If I lived in the US I'd get a third of that knocked off in postage.

Last edited:
I was day-dreaming the other day of trying to make my own fret wire. It could be done I figured. But then I thought: Why?... If anybody could make their own fret wire it would be you Ken. But at 61 pense/ft, why bother? (I actually have no idea what 61 pense is or what that is worth in real money, but I figure is is probably pretty cheap.)

I was feeling a bit bored so instead of deleting it, I answered a questionair that Stewmac had sent me via Email...When I'd completed it they offered me a 10% discount on any order:) ...So I ordered 96 ft of fine fretwire ...How long will that last me ? works out at about 61 pence per foot. ;) ..If I lived in the US I'd get a third of that knocked off in postage.

If you bought three pounds you'd get another 15% off. That's enough for 100 ukes.

I was day-dreaming the other day of trying to make my own fret wire. It could be done I figured. But then I thought: Why?... If anybody could make their own fret wire it would be you Ken. But at 61 pense/ft, why bother? (I actually have no idea what 61 pense is or what that is worth in real money, but I figure is is probably pretty cheap.)

Real money? I think millions of Brits might suggest that they have real money. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom