Thread: Fretwire

Default Fretwire

I was feeling a bit bored so instead of deleting it, I answered a questionair that Stewmac had sent me via Email...When I'd completed it they offered me a 10% discount on any order ...So I ordered 96 ft of fine fretwire ...How long will that last me ? works out at about 61 pence per foot. ..If I lived in the US I'd get a third of that knocked off in postage.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 08-30-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000

I was day-dreaming the other day of trying to make my own fret wire. It could be done I figured. But then I thought: Why?... If anybody could make their own fret wire it would be you Ken. But at 61 pense/ft, why bother? (I actually have no idea what 61 pense is or what that is worth in real money, but I figure is is probably pretty cheap.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    I was feeling a bit bored so instead of deleting it, I answered a questionair that Stewmac had sent me via Email...When I'd completed it they offered me a 10% discount on any order ...So I ordered 96 ft of fine fretwire ...How long will that last me ? works out at about 61 pence per foot. ..If I lived in the US I'd get a third of that knocked off in postage.
    If you bought three pounds you'd get another 15% off. That's enough for 100 ukes.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    I was day-dreaming the other day of trying to make my own fret wire. It could be done I figured. But then I thought: Why?... If anybody could make their own fret wire it would be you Ken. But at 61 pense/ft, why bother? (I actually have no idea what 61 pense is or what that is worth in real money, but I figure is is probably pretty cheap.)
    Real money? I think millions of Brits might suggest that they have real money.
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dpophotography@yahoo.co.nz
    Southern Cross banjo ukes
    New Zealand

61 pence = 78 cents about
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000

I always by at least 3 pounds just to offset the shipping to Oz. It's surprising how fast I go through that much and need to re-order.

Thread Information