Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's Birthday Present

Default Wife's Birthday Present

I want to thank the members that responded with help in a different post. I know zero about Ukulele's and my wife asked for one for her Birthday.
    Needless to say I could not find any at Home Depot. Imagine that!
    I started by going to Google to learn to spell them. I found this forum and made a desperate post for help. Phil and Nickie were the first of many to respond and steered me to a couple of websites. I ended up with Mim.
    Wonderful person to talk with. After explaining she would also be playing it for a preschool class of 4 year olds she suggested getting one less expensive for the children to play and a different one for my wife to learn with.
    After telling her the ones my wife like sound clips of we decided on a KoAloha Concert OPIO. I left it to her on the second one for the classroom.
    Kudos to Mim. She rushed it and had them delivered this morning. Today is my wife's Birthday. Really thank her for the great customer service.
    I realize on a forum it is not true without pictures. I took some but did not wipe down the finger prints and it was tough in my office with the lighting. But here Ya Go.

OPIO.jpgOPIO-2.jpgOhana.jpgOhana-2.jpg

Ain't Mim great? Glad she suggested two ukes. Looks as if you got a stellar pair.

Osprey, isn't it great to see that customer service is not dead.

Nice ukes! The kids will love that Ohana!!!
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

Congratulations to your wife for her first Uke, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
    Now to play and sing "Happy Birthday to You" ... I still have to get around to learning that old tune yet

Lovely choices. MIM is fantastic. Happy birthday to your wife! That's a fantastic "starter" uke.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Congrats on getting your wife some really nice ukes.
    Ohana did donate several ukes to us for teaching kids in Summer Camp, and our library lending program workshops. She may want to check on this.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Nickie, that is great advice. With one uke for the kids I can see the fight coming now on who gets to play.
    They are a Charter school under supervision of the county but have to do a lot of their own funding. She does a great job but she and I can only fund so much.
    She has a Bachelors in Elementary Education and Masters in Music from Luther Rice Seminary so the Principal has her also teaching music to one grade about 4 hours a week and another level Sign Language. When she sings she also signs the song while she is singing it which intrigues the children. It is amazing how quick the little kids pick all that up.
    I can't sing and the only sign language I know is the Old One Finger Salute. So I guess there is truth in the old saying "You can't teach an Old Dog new tricks".
    Do you remember the contact and phone number of the person you dealt with at Ohana?

I didn't speak to them, but here's the web address: https://ohana-music.com/
    We were also sponsored by the Kala Music company with several Waterman Ukes to use also. That website is: https://kalabrand.com/
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thank you very much.

Thread Information