Bruko concert - rosewood and cedar, mahogany neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frianm

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am heading to Los Angeles for a week so do ask questions but I will not be able to ship until on or after Sept 14.

IMG_9200.jpgIMG_0861.jpgIMG_6058.jpgIMG_7519.jpgIMG_6710.jpg

This is a nice special edition of the Bruko concert. The back and sides are solid rosewood, as is the fingerboard and the skunk stripe in the mahogany neck. The soundboard is a really close grained cedar. The tuners are by Grover and the strings are Living Waters gCEA. It has strap buttons. I am including a Uke Crazy canvas over hard foam case.

I should add that this is a used instrument and does show some small signs of use. I bought it used from another UU member and found the instrument to be in excellent shape. The earlier description is as follows "a small ding in the neck and two small scratches in the back. The cedar top is soft, and it has two tiny flaws, both smaller than a grain of rice. The neck ding maybe new.

I am asking $350 for the instrument in a Uke Crazy case. Shipping will depend upon where you live and will be the actual cost including insurance. I use PayPal by preference.

I am also open for trades and am thinking tenor, maybe in koa.

I regard this instrument as a thin body as it is 2" deep. The back is slightly domed and gives great projection. I find is slightly bright in terms of its sound. The action is superb. I just find that I spend more time with my sopranos. I am tempted by a koa tenor but will need funds - unless an interesting trade is out there?

I will post some more pictures below.

Do message me if you have questions.
Ian

Last edited:
I have the soprano version of this model and I concur.
It is a fabulous combination of woods. Wonderful to look at and the sound is typical cedar. But the rosewood provides a depth of clarity that really complements the woody cedar tone. The action and build quality on these new Brükos is perfect.

I have the soprano version of this model and I concur.
It is a fabulous combination of woods. Wonderful to look at and the sound is typical cedar. But the rosewood provides a depth of clarity that really complements the woody cedar tone. The action and build quality on these new Brükos is perfect.

These are marvels of creation - I tend to older instruments usually. I have enjoyed this one but it is time to move it on.

This is a very comfortable instrument to play, and it sounds great. The cedar is lovely.

Last edited:
Bump and lowered price

I have modified the price to include the Uke Crazy case.

I shall be away from home for a week.

Bruko special concert

Bump again.
Heading to a local Ukulele Festival - will hope to sell there.

To Oracle3927

I have sent a PM but your box is full and so an error message appeared and it seems that you may not have received my last message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom