Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Check out Chordious

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    on the path
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguwa View Post
    Chordious looks nice! I will try it out. Thanks for sharing this.
    This program has been mentioned previously here on UU, but it does not hurt to have another post about it for the folks that missed it last time.

    Everything else gets repeated on UU eventually, so we are nothing if not consistent, and yes, thanks to the OP AlohaKine for sharing this info.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Indeed, the developer, JonThysell, has been a UU member since 2013 and notified us of the original beta version and subsequent versions 1.0 and 2.0. http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...y-chord-charts

    He posted this video last May:


  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    As we get older, and realize that life is too short and free time less abundant to focus on memorizing things, I am glad for as many apps out there to help facilitate learning or keeping track of things.

    Whichever is in my hand, my phone or tablet or if I am at the computer, I consider that device the 'other half' of my brain for both storage of less-frequently needed info but wanting it close at hand, as well as for quick look ups of info that's important, and ALSO in-hand....that I simply cannot memorize. At a certain age (~40) our memory starts to have intermittent failures, and I've likely learned and forgotten MORE than most folks would learn in the first place, but I fully admit that at 48 yrs old, I need help sometimes, so I'd rather have a crutch and still be able to limp along instead of being sidelined and left to stare at a blank wall and frustrated and filled with despair.Some of us need a crutch from time-to-time. Same way we need eyeglasses, contacts or Lasik surgery when our eyesight is failing.
    Not that Booli. I am 10 years older than you, so of course we need crutches. For what ever reason.

    Myself, I keep forgetting all the time these ukulele chords. To learn by "heart" comes only with practise and repetition. What I find a bit frustrating is that I can't get much sound in higher frets with my nailles index finger strum. I learned today that a thumb strum helps.

    My point in my earlier post was that there are much more chord forms to learn for me. I want keep as much many as possible near the nut. And I am a bit dissapointed how little I can apply chords higher up the neck. Thumb strum surely helps. Uke is certainly a very different instrument compared to guitar, and maybe mine also is not the best. Index finger strum up the neck chords is dissapointing

    I love though the low position chords and like sing to them. So a lots of chords to learn. And less i need to look back as a crutch in those sites the better.
    Last edited by Jarmo_S; 09-03-2017 at 07:40 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Land Of Aloha
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    This program has been mentioned previously here on UU, but it does not hurt to have another post about it for the folks that missed it last time.

    Everything else gets repeated on UU eventually, so we are nothing if not consistent, and yes, thanks to the OP AlohaKine for sharing this info.
    Arrggh my bad, I didn't do a search for it...

    Jarmo_S, not to go off topic here, but what size Uke are you playing, that you have a harder time with chords higher up the neck?

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlohaKine View Post
    Jarmo_S, not to go off topic here, but what size Uke are you playing, that you have a harder time with chords higher up the neck?
    Well, this is kind of off topic, but I'm sure no one else will mind if not you as a thread starter

    It is just a basic laminated Kala KA-CEM, that is supposed to be a good starter uke, concert size.

    The problem is on the right hand and more specific I don't have any long nails. I can't anymore grow them so they last. Our nails go thinner and less strong as we age. I am sure some with "more monkey genes" can have long nails all their life though. Also I'm not into get any acrylic etc. fake nail, so it has to be without index finger nail for me.

    And with it I can't put much energy into strings higher up the neck. I am now talking about the down strum. With a pick I can, but it has limitations that I can already see regarding the right hand technique, so that option i refuse. With thumb, also just flesh, I can handle much better the higher up the neck chords than with index finger. I'm happy that ukulele don't have as much right or wrong ways of doing things as the classical guitar.

    I am this week starting in a ukulele group and will be interesting to see if anyone else with my problem. Could be also that they all come in there with a pick in their pocket lol. I anyways always have one in my pocket, even if I don't play ukulele with that.
    Last edited by Jarmo_S; 09-04-2017 at 08:05 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Hi all, glad you guys have found my app useful!

    I don't spend as much time on UU these days (most of the time I'd usually be holding a uke I'm now holding my one-year old) but Chordious is still in development, and I do find the time to add to it here and there.

    As for using the app, while I know people find the Chord Finder so useful, honestly there are lots of chord apps / collections out there. The power and "true purpose" of the app is to enable musicians and music educators to create custom fretboard diagrams. Whether you just need a couple chords to add to a lead sheet for your class or song circle, or want to publish your own "chord bible" for an obscure instrument, Chordious gives you a free and (hopefully) easy way to create diagrams in the exact style you want.

    I built the app because I've seen some pretty bad diagrams in otherwise great music books. I built it because I play non-standard tunings and there often aren't any diagrams around, let alone high quality free ones.

    And I keep building it because all of the wonderful feedback I get from my users. So keep it coming!
    Playlists: Me and My Baritone DGBd Ukulele | Chordious 2 Tutorials
    Primary Ukes: Black Bear #146 Baritone DGBd | KoAloha KCM-00 Concert gcea | Kamaka Pineapple HP-1 Soprano
    Other: Lanikai LU-11 Soprano | Makala "Bumblebee" Dolphin | Kamaka White-Label HF-1 | Kala KA-BE Baritone | Taylor GS Mini-e Koa Guitar
    For Sale: Kamaka Tenor HF-38 Liliu VIII | KoAloha Tenor KTM-06 Imaikalani

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Land Of Aloha
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonThysell View Post
    Hi all, glad you guys have found my app useful!

    I don't spend as much time on UU these days (most of the time I'd usually be holding a uke I'm now holding my one-year old) but Chordious is still in development, and I do find the time to add to it here and there.

    As for using the app, while I know people find the Chord Finder so useful, honestly there are lots of chord apps / collections out there. The power and "true purpose" of the app is to enable musicians and music educators to create custom fretboard diagrams. Whether you just need a couple chords to add to a lead sheet for your class or song circle, or want to publish your own "chord bible" for an obscure instrument, Chordious gives you a free and (hopefully) easy way to create diagrams in the exact style you want.

    I built the app because I've seen some pretty bad diagrams in otherwise great music books. I built it because I play non-standard tunings and there often aren't any diagrams around, let alone high quality free ones.

    And I keep building it because all of the wonderful feedback I get from my users. So keep it coming!

    Hello Jon,

    Nice to see you drop in! I love your app, I've even submitted some feedback/reports on GitHub in the past!

    I hope you'll always have the time to keep it alive, and it would be great if you could keep it going for Linux without Mono!

    THANKS
    Kanile'a Kuuipo - Tenor - (For Sale)
    Lanikai LU-21C - Concert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •