SOTU 290 - Farm Aid/September

Jeff Tweedy played this Woody Guthrie song at the 25th Farm Aid, October 2, 2010, in Milwaukee.

And another Wilco tune, though not played during any of their 3 Farm Aid appearances (4 if you count Tweedy's set in 2010). One of my favorites; from 1996's Being There.

i'm not sure the season needs another homemade song from me, but it's getting one!

to complement "country girl" from a couple of days ago, here's "country boy"

just a lame rhyme or two and a desire to plug in the new uke, really!

Im off to bed a little early tonight. If Im counting right we are up to 84 including Robs 2 songs that have nothing to do with this weeks theme except in his imagination. :rolleyes:

Every single song has been terrific so far!

Tomorrow is a travel day for me but I hope you all keep celebrating these fine artists that gave their time to this cause. And of course keep the originals coming :)

Last one from me, thanks for a great season, Linda

John Hiatt on 9/11 When New York had her heart broke

On that fiery day When the towers gave way
NY had her heart broke NY had her heart broke
Many heroes died Trying to save someone inside
When NY had her heart broke NY had her heart broke
And I was there that day And I don't know what to say
Except NY had her heart broke
And the daylight fell dark F16's over Central Park
When NY had her heart broke
We were dazed in the streets From the blood and dust and heat
When NY had her heart broke NY had her heart broke
And the world changed that day Forever some will say
When NY had her heart broke
In a million years She couldn't cry more tears
NY had her heart broke NY had her heart broke
Yeah, NY had her heart broke NY had her heart broke
Ahh, but she will rise Again

Last edited:
Walkin' Down to Georgia by Hoyt Axton

...more pauses than I would have liked while I remembered the words. I learned this over 50 years ago. I changed the 6 string reference to 4 string, guitar to uke, and, accidentally, changed "Fresno" to "Southern California."

&

... why is it always "down" to Georgia? In lots of songs?!!

Part two of the Wet Day In A Campervan session. This one is especially for Recovering Bassist - at last, I'm doing a song he knows.

I know Sheryl Crow played Farm Aid in 2003 at least. I don't know if she played this one but sometimes you just want to rock out don't you ;)

(Did anyone else think the lyrics said Benny Goodman's corset and pen? :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Tired of grading papers for this week...time for some ukulele sounds in the science lab, like waves crashin' on the beach.

experimenting with live video. This is recorded to ipad camera and then imported into imovie and then exported to youtube. Not really happy with the audio quality, next time I will try to edit the audio in garage band as described by some fellow members here. Anyway, this is a Blaze Foley song that Merle Haggard discovered and did multiple recordings of. I believe Willie Nelson has done a recording as well . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CAKpmotuuI

Here's an original. I was inspired by Berne's song about factory farming. Just uke, voices, and a pair of claves.

experimenting with live video. This is recorded to ipad camera and then imported into imovie and then exported to youtube. Not really happy with the audio quality, next time I will try to edit the audio in garage band as described by some fellow members here. Anyway, this is a Blaze Foley song that Merle Haggard discovered and did multiple recordings of. I believe Willie Nelson has done a recording as well . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CAKpmotuuI

I was going to comment on You Tube but it appears you have comments turned off?

Really good Mezcalero, voice and playing. Welcome to UU and SOTU.

If you click on the 'filmstrip' up above you then can load the URL into the thread and get a video embedded in your post.

Top Bottom