SOTU 290 - Farm Aid/September

lelouden

Reaction score

This week will be a busy one for me. I will be traveling on Friday to Utah to take care of my grandchildren while my daughter and her husband go to Washington DC. They will meet with senators to discuss farming and agricultural issues. They are family ranchers on the Heaton Livestock Ranch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RJjlCIFLQk

Farm Aid started as a benefit concert held September 22, 1985 to raise money for family farmers in the United States. Farm Aid is an organization that works to increase awareness of the importance of family farms. It is an annual concert of country, blues and rock music with a variety of stars. The first concert brought in 80,000 people and raised $9 million for the American family farmers and was organized by Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Neil Young.
Nelson and Mellencamp then brought family farmers before Congress to testify about the state of family farming in America. Congress subsequently passed the Agricultural Credit Act of 1987. History and Artists list here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_Aid
Here is a YT channel with performances https://www.youtube.com/user/farmaid/videos

Choose any artist that has ever performed at a Farm Aid concert. Bring me songs they have done at any time in their career. Song limited to 5.
Song writers can keep the creative juices flowing and bring me anything related to the farms, cattle, or September and you can write as many as you want ….....and of course slipping a barn owl in there somewhere would be a hoot!

I will try and make comments as my day allows so I would appreciate it if you all would help me out by taking up some of my slack and making comments this week. Encouragement goes a long way in this little community that we have created!

Participants will go in a hat and I will draw out several names for prizes. Prizes will be something from Greer Arizona, the place I go to get away from the heat.

Usual rules-
Ukulele prominent.
Start time is Hawaii time, 00:01 the 3rd -12:59 the 10th.
Newly recorded songs for this season.
5 song limit for Farm Aid artists
Unlimited originals
Announce or list Season 290

Originals Playlist

Farm Aid Playlist

Last edited:
Lot to choose from. This is going to be a great Season! And 5 songs is not a limit. It's a challenge.......

Can it be songs that were performed at that time or any song of today?

Any song the artist has ever done. Some of the artists have set list online listed by the public but that is very limiting so I am leaving it up to you to bring whatever song you want that the artist has done at any time.

AWE - some!

Any song the artist has ever done. Some of the artists have set list online listed by the public but that is very limiting so I am leaving it up to you to bring whatever song you want that the artist has done at any time.

At any time? Even if it was after Farm-aid?I'm just asking.

At any time? Even if it was after Farm-aid?I'm just asking.

Well yes! Farm Aid is ongoing. The one this month hasn't even happened yet but they have those artists listed. If someone performed at FA in 1985 but performed something in 2017 your good to go. The performers have supported the cause so we will celebrate them.

Hope this helps!

Well yes! Farm Aid is ongoing. The one this month hasn't even happened yet but they have those artists listed. If someone performed at FA in 1985 but performed something in 2017 your good to go. The performers have supported the cause so we will celebrate them.

Hope this helps!

I'm saying this because I noticed on the list that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers stopped performing at Farm-aid after 1986, which was their last appearance there at that time.

I'm saying this because I noticed on the list that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers stopped performing at Farm-aid after 1986, which was their last appearance there at that time.

Thats ok. Bring some Petty if you like.

that wiki link has :bowdown: debra winger on the lineup for 1985................................... did she sing?

It said newly recorded songs. DAMN! I have an old video where I played an Tom Petty song from years ago. Oh, mam!

Ok, Everyone has up until the start time of this season to post any OLD videos that match this theme. They will not count or go onto the playlist and I can't promise that I will comment but for the next few hours go ahead and share if you like.

If my brain is working right (that is questionable) you have five hours, then this exception is close.

DONT FORGET THAT PABRIZZER"S SEASON IS STILL RUNNING UP UNTIL THAT TIME AND WE DONT WANT TO TAKE ANYONE AWAY FROM HIS TERRIFIC SEASON!

that wiki link has :bowdown: debra winger on the lineup for 1985................................... did she sing?

No I don't think so. I saw that too and looked it up on the tube. She is giving a speech if I remember right. They do have invited people doing that kind of thing at the concerts.

Thank you so much, but I think I'll wait for the next seasons to come along.

Last edited:
No I don't think so. I saw that too and looked it up on the tube. She is giving a speech if I remember right. They do have invited people doing that kind of thing at the concerts.
yeah i figured it must be that, thanks, i think she's great, i got over excited at the idea that she maybe belted out a tune or two!

Top Bottom