Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 290 - Farm Aid/September

Hi Seasonistas!

We've been missing in action for way too long. We moved to a new house, Ashley started nursing school and a 2nd job, the new school year started etc. etc. Things just got out of control and we didn't have much time for ukulele playing and singing.

I've wanted to come back to Seasons for a few weeks now, (be glad I didn't last week. I had a Mariah Carey song ready) but every time I got a little bit of time, something came up. I decided, though, that THIS was the week. I was going to play something and no matter how crappy it turned out, I was going to post it. I've really missed this community the last few months.

Anyways, Gin Blossoms played Farm Aid in 1994. Rumor has it that if you listen to this song while watching an episode of Friends at the same time, you get physically transported back in time to the 90's. I haven't tried it, though.
    "Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

another homemade song

"country girl"

Randy Newman appeared at the very first Farm Aid.

Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Daniel Lanois appeared in 2003...pardon my French...

Russell
    from Queenscliff, near Geelong, near Melbourne, in Australia

I was so pleased when I saw Alabama Shakes on that list. I absolutely adore that band. Their songs are deceptively tricky though and very hard to convey with just one uke.

Here's my favourite of theirs, because I can completely relate to the sentiment behind it.

Last edited by RAB11; 09-05-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

And here's another Alabama Shakes song. An absolutely gorgeous song that I'm totally not doing justice here.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

It time for me to hit the sack. I have really enjoyed every song that has come in today. So far we have had 58 songs come in. I think that is really good at the end of tuesday. So many more songs to be had. I really appreciate you all grabbing onto this theme

I will see you all tomorrow morning!
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Merle Haggard was in the first line up of Farm Aid. Here is a mangled version of his classic The Bottle Let Me Down.

This is my first effort to join in here. I have not sorted out how to create a video and tie my recording to it, so I will post a dropbox link for now. This is a Shake Russell song called Deep in the West. Waylon Jennings did a couple recordings of this song.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f96xbv1a4o...0West.wav?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    This is my first effort to join in here. I have not sorted out how to create a video and tie my recording to it, so I will post a dropbox link for now. This is a Shake Russell song called Deep in the West. Waylon Jennings did a couple recordings of this song.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f96xbv1a4o...0West.wav?dl=0
    hello! and welcome to the seasons! that was GREAT!

i've made some "videos" that just have the audio of me and my uke, palying over just the title of the vid, or a still photo, or some other non uke-y video footage - skies, bees, film clips, whatevs... just an idea for getting something that can go on youtube, and onto the playlist, i think alot of people view vids via the playlist, just a thought

Thread Information