SOTU 290 - Farm Aid/September

Fooey! Missed another Season. I WAS going to bring some Vince Gill. He does some great sad songs. I've been practicing one in particular, trying to put in some extra slides and whatnot into it. "Never Knew Lonely". So thank you for the inspiration Linda and getting me to play some. I haven't really had the energy lately. Early 'get her off to school' day for me too and here I am up too late!

I've been distracted this week but just had to power thru this one to make the deadline.

Arlo Guthrie made this one a hit and sang at Farm Aid. The City of New Awlens, as my friend Johnny Richardson would say. He slightly cajon, y'a know.

Edit_

I just read my Horoscope for this week and it fits perfectly to this song.
"Virgo: Remind yourself, this week, that you don’t have to get everything right. Your words don’t always have to be clear, and your face doesn’t always need to be legible. When the world’s as dark and as strange as this, you don’t always have to respond with correctness. Sometimes you can respond to power with untamed power of your own."

:cool::music::eek:ld:

Last edited:
Sorry Linda. I left it till too late. I was harvesting all week and camping all weekend and now time has just run out. I did take this picture at the fair thinking I would use it in my Farm Aid vid. So there's that.
farms.jpgfarms.jpg

Would have liked to have brought more songs to your season Linda but we've been away camping for a few days with pretty lame internet.
Haven't watched or commented on as many as I would have liked either but you've had a very successful week by the looks.
Thanks so much for hosting.

On the hosting subject - no host no season - I will be putting up another dozen weeks shortly .....

Good morning all. I want to thank you one more time for bringing so many great songs.

I wont be able to give a proper close to this week until I am home at the end of this week. That being said if there is anyone that missed the deadline and wants to bring me something you were working on I would love to here it. I know life is busy for us all but I will keep this thread open for you up until this weekend.

Everyone that is wondering if you would make a good host or if you have the time....the answer is yes!
It is rewarding and fun and you will feel more a part of the group when you do.
Pabrizzer is opening up more weeks so go take a look at the dates and see if there is a date that will work for you.
I know it is hard to know if you will have the time several months from now but don't worry too much about that.
It always works out :)

Like pa says if we didnt have you fine folks volunteer to host we wouldn't have the seasons! Somehow this season idea that was originally a 6 week deal has turned out to be ongoing for 291 weeks. That is due to the love of the uke and great people that are willing keep it going. Kudos to you all!

Great Season Folks. Thanks, Linda for hosting. I had fun and am more motivated to play and post my humble efforts due to the support from the community here.

I was planning on doing this one with Ashley, but her week was crazy busy, so it never happened. She's working tonight as well, but when I saw that Linda was taking late songs, I decided to do it solo. Thanks for letting me get this one out of my system, Linda. It's an Alan Jackson song, and was the fifth song on his set list at Farm Aid 2000.

Greetings,

So awesome. Great season and great farm songs. Thanks for hosting and congrats to all.

Ciao

Really great season Linda, and hosting when you had so much on too. Well done the winners, Alan DP a worthy winner, always bring great originals. Love the Pabrizzer sticker :D

Great Season Linda! Super cool prizes, and a lot of great song submissions. Congrats to you for another job well done, and congrats to all the lucky winners!

Top Bottom