SOTU 290 - Farm Aid/September

Jack Johnson played in a few of these and he writes the BEST love songs. Here's one of them.

Greetings,

Awesome theme. Hope to find some time to participate. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Ciao

Old Crow Medicine Show did the gig in 2015

SOTU 290: Farm Aid - THE RIVERS ARE RISING AGAIN - Dennis Danner

This one focuses on the recent storm to hit Houston, Texas and is from a farm owners perspective. Hope you enjoy it.

+++ Lyrics & Chords in Chordpro Format ++++++++++

{title: THE RIVERS ARE RISING AGAIN - Dennis Danner (2017)}
{subtitle: Begun 09.04.2017, dad}

Intro:
| [Em] //// | [Em] //// | [Am] //// | [Am]//// |
| [B7] //// | [B7] //// | [Em] //// | [Em]/// The |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [Em]Wind . . did | [Em]blow . and the | [Am]riv - ers | [Am]rose, . and the |
| [B7]Rain . . kept | [B7]sli - cing | [Em]down . . . | [Em] . . . The |
{eoc}

| [Em]Skies . . went | [Em]dark . . for | [Am]four . . long | [Am]days . with no |
| [B7]Sun . . to | [B7]warm . . our | [Em]hearts . . . | [Em] . . . A |

| [Em]Storm . . so | [Em]big . that it | [Am]showed . no | [Am]end . and the
| [B7]Living . had no | [B7]place . . to | [Em]go . . . | [Em] . . Every |

| [Em]Hour . . . | [Em] brought at least an | [Am]Inch . . of | [Am]Rain, . . and |
| [B7]Ripped . this | [B7]farm . . a - | [Em]part . . . | [Em] . . . . |

Bridge:
{soc}
| [C]Will . . it | [C]Ev - er | [G]end? . . . | [G] . . . The |
| [C]Riv - ers . are | [D]ri - sing a - | [Em]gain . . . | [Em]. . . How |
| [C]Deep . will it | [D]be . when it | [Em]ends? . . . | [Em]. . . The |
| [C]Rivers are | [D]rising a - | [Em]gain . . . | [Em]. . . The |
{eoc}

Chorus:
{soc}
| [Em]Wind . . did | [Em]blow . and the | [Am]riv - ers | [Am]rose, and the |
| [B7]Rain . . kept | [B7]sli - cing | [Em]down . . . | [Em] . . . Our |
{eoc}

| [Em]Rich . . top | [Em]soil was | [Am]ripped a - | [Am]way, . . and |
| [B7]fills . . those | [B7]homes . . down - | [Em]town . . Where |

| [Em]Rain . . could | [Em]not . . . | [Am]kiss . . the | [Am]soil . . through |
| [B7]All . . that | [B7]dammed . con - | [Em]crete . . . | [Em] . . . The |

| [Em]Roads . . are | [Em]now . . all | [Am]river - | [Am]beds . . and |
| [B7]Death . . floats | [B7]all . a - | [Em]round . . Oh, |

Bridge:
{soc}
| [C] God! . . Is | [C]this . . your | [G]wrath? . . . | [G]. Or,did we |
| [C] Bring . this u - | [D]pon . . our - | [Em]selves? . . . | [Em] . . . How |
| [C] Deep will it | [D]be when it | [Em]ends? . . . | [Em] . . . The |
| [C] Rivers . are | [D]rising a - | [Em]gain . . . | [Em] . . . The |
{eoc}

Outro:
| [Em] Wind . did | [Em] blow . and the | [Am] riv - ers | [Am] rose, and the |
| [B7] Rain kept |[B7] sli - cing | [Em]down . . . | [Em]. . . . |[Em] ~

+end+

Im off to bed now. I spent the day traveling home today, a day early. My morning started listening to you and lnow istening to you all is the last thing of my day tonight. Thanks to all that brought terrific music to share. There were wonderful covers and wonderful originals.

I hope you all had as good of a day as I did. See you in the morning :)

A quick flash of Willie from me taken from my 'two chins and hairy kneecap sessions' ............Pssssst I may have a non smile like Charlie Watts when I play but I'm happy Inside honest !!

Kenny Rogers and The First Edition famously covered this brilliant Mel Tillis song in 1969. And Kenny sung it at Farm Aid in 1985. Have always loved this song. The melody is great but the lyrics are just amazing. That opening couplet, "You've painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair,
Ruby are you contemplating going out somewhere?" To my mind that is up there with the best ever song opening lyrics.

Hello Linda, hello SOU ukers - been a while! A long long while! Have some time off after a crazy summer of gigging, so it's back to the Season finally. I was about to abandon this theme until I saw Gillian Welch there - big fan and been wanting to do this one for a while.

Busy getting ready for company, but I wanted to post something this week. I'm so excited some of our ukulele players in Atlanta are going to be in the Atlanta Beltline Lantern Parade this coming Saturday. We will be singing Seasonsita Alan Thornton's song,"You're Never Alone on the Beltline."

Debated on what to do to for my 5th and final song of this Season, but went with a Willie Nelson, only seemed right. This is one Willie famously covered from Bob Wills. I found out quick this is a tough song to breathe on, and it's a little rough in general, but then again so is Willie in a wonderful way, so I kept the take.

Greetings,

Nothing fancy, just a little John Cougar Melloncamp with Scarecrow in the Rain for this Season. I have a little cold so did my best on the vocals.

Ciao

Top Bottom