SOTU 290 - Farm Aid/September

NyQuil....................I mean Night All!

Looking forward to the morning :)

There's something for everyone here! Already got 2 songs that I'm looking at. I'm confident that I'll get at least one of them done (planning something a bit tricky for the second, so it might not make it).

Here's a Bob Dylan song that the White Stripes did on their first album. Bob Dylan obviously sparked the whole Farm Aid movement with his Live Aid comments, and Jack White played it a few years ago so I figure it's a good place to start. Also been meaning to learn this for ages.

Think it's safe to say I'll also bring some proper Jack White at some point too!

Lucinda Williams played Farm aid in 2005

I know Linda said you can do anything by any of the artists that have played Farm Aid over the years, but if you're looking for inspiration, Farm Aid have their own YT channel, with videos of pretty much every single performance from 2016 all the way back to 1985:
https://www.youtube.com/user/farmaid/videos

Sounds like a fun and rewarding Season, Linda! Hope I can catch up enough on life to get back into the Swing of the Seasons! Retired life seems to be getting more and more hectic! :)

I really love that special part of Arizona and the towns like Greer, that sit along the Mogollon Rim. I'd love to visit there again. Maybe in a song? What's the reason you singled out barn owls in your theme description? Was it just to use the phrase, "would be a hoot" and they are a common resident around farms? Aren't bears a more common memory of your Greer cabin? - d

Top Bottom