Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Pray that Irma Doesn't Steal my Ukes

All the best for all those affected by hurricanes! Nickie, you should do all you can to get out of there, looks like it's heading right up the west coast!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water
    UBass: Kala Rumbler - Pahoehoe

Been thinking of everyone on the Florida peninsula. Best of luck from the panhandle. We are all we sensitive to each storm and it's path.
    Well said! I echo that sentiment.

This thing is huge. I'm in Panama City and I'm already getting winds.

Good thoughts to all in the path!
    Sopranos: Martin 0XK, Gretsch G9100
    Concerts: Ibanez UEWT5E
    Tenors: Kala KA-SRT-CTG-E (Kala Solid Cedar top Rosewood), Cordoba tenor 20TM-CE
    Basses: too many!

Best wishes for safety to everyone threatened by Irma. Please be careful.

I'm praying that my sister is ready in Palm Harbor, as well as all UU members in Florida. Last text I got from her was that she was exhausted from working all day to prepare, plus dealing with three extra dogs in her house (her fur grand children). She was making a big pitcher of sangria to de-stress.

My best wishes for everyone in the path, and I can't think of a better thing to bring to a shelter than a uke. Gonna be a lot of stressed folks around -- get them singing if you can! If anyone gets hit with this monster and finds themselves truly uke-less, PM me. I've got two or three prototypes I'll share, perfect for wet and humid aftermath environments (free, of course).
    Robert Edney
    Robert@ElixirViolins.com

Much more interested in playing the ukulele than making violins just now...

Quote Originally Posted by Debussychopin View Post
    I think there are more pressing 'items' to concern for during a potentially life-taking storm. Hope everyone there will be safe.
    This is a uke site....trying to lighten things up a bit. Thanks for the constructive sarcasm. Hope you stay safe.
    Last edited by PhilUSAFRet; 09-10-2017 at 10:30 AM.

extra prayers for the FL West coast....getting the brunt of it. Praying you're all safe.
    Last edited by PhilUSAFRet; 09-10-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Hoping that everyone gets through the hurricane OK. Please update us when you can, if you're in the path of Irma.

Quote Originally Posted by UkerDanno View Post
    All the best for all those affected by hurricanes! Nickie, you should do all you can to get out of there, looks like it's heading right up the west coast!
    Thank you Danno,
    We couldn't leave. We have 8 pets and will not leave them to fend for themselves. Anyway, Tammy's SUV is in the shop with a broken transmission. I no longer leave the county with my jalopy. The northbound roads clogged so quickly that people ran out of gas, and were sitting on the roads. The state opened the southbound lanes to evacuators way too late. We worked our butts off doing the best we could to make this old house safe for all. We just heard that Irma has gone to CatII, and we think it will survive that fairly well. I've been playing and singing to ease my anxiety.
    FEMA has not done a good job, so we're told. Maybe tRump should disband that one. The Hurricane Center has done an amazing job reporting the storm's progress.
    We watched a Live Streaming video of the local Unity minister's Sunday morning talk, she made me feel a lot better. Made me think, she's not telling us we're totally responsible for all this ourselves, but that we're totally responsible for how we react to it.
    If this goes bad for us, y'all please remember that I love you, and will play the uke somehow, in whatever part of the Universe I land in. If it goes well, I'll be back on here when it's over!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Nickie, I have been concerned about you and everyone else in the path of Irma. Please be as safe as you can. I always appreciate your posts here in UU.
    Looks as if we in Pensacola will get a miss on Irma. You take care

Cliff

Thread Information