Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Pray that Irma Doesn't Steal my Ukes

Default Please Pray that Irma Doesn't Steal my Ukes

I have to evacuate tomorrow cause Irma is on the way. I live on a barrier Island just East of Orlando. Heading over to my Son's house. Keep good thoughts my ukes are all ok when I get back home.

Phil,
    Been thinking of everyone on the Florida peninsula. Best of luck from the panhandle. We are all we sensitive to each storm and it's path. Hope you come through unharmed as well as your Ukes

Cliff

I think there are more pressing 'items' to concern for during a potentially life-taking storm. Hope everyone there will be safe.
    All for sale; pm me:

Brand new Loprinzi Honduran mahogany soprano w new hardshell case. $350

I sincerely hope that you and your family will be safe and your instruments are able to avoid damage. Did you take a favorite with you? Does insurance ever cover this kind of disaster?

I don't think I could leave all my ukes behind, I only play three, so I think I could find room...
    Best Wishes you guys.
    We're staying here, we can't move 8 pets. Can't haul plywood for the windows, the SUV is in the shop with a ruined transmission.
    Practice sessions and jam session are cancelled.
    Sand bags are ready, taping the windows, moving everything off the patio, and filling the bathtubs this weekend.
    We'll find out if our homeowner's insurance works, we don't have flood insurance though.
    Thank the gods the roofer came yesterday and fixed our leak. It will be tested soon enough!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I have friends in Miami and on both the East and Western coasts of Florida. I sincerely hope Irma weakens as she makes landfall. Please protect yourselves as best you can if you were not able to evacuate!

If Irma hits Florida dead on, and its eye is over land, it will weaken. Still bad news for South Florida, but the rest may be spared serious damage....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I sincerely hope all the florida peeps stay safe and don't have too much clean up!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUSAFRet View Post
    I have to evacuate tomorrow cause Irma is on the way. I live on a barrier Island just East of Orlando. Heading over to my Son's house. Keep good thoughts my ukes are all ok when I get back home.
    Phil, holding best wishes for you and the other Florida UU members during this scary time.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    If Irma hits Florida dead on, and its eye is over land, it will weaken. Still bad news for South Florida, but the rest may be spared serious damage....
    My sister lives in Palm Harbor. They have food, water, emergency supplies, and the cars are gassed up. She said the gas stations, Home Depot, and grocery stores are "crazy town" as people stock up on supplies. Praying that it goes inland and weakens. I've got family on the west coast & friends on the east coast. One friend owns a bar on Cocoa Beach. If I was there, I'd pack up my dog and one uke to take with me to keep me sane.

Thread Information