Please Pray that Irma Doesn't Steal my Ukes

All the best for all those affected by hurricanes! Nickie, you should do all you can to get out of there, looks like it's heading right up the west coast!

Been thinking of everyone on the Florida peninsula. Best of luck from the panhandle. We are all we sensitive to each storm and it's path.

Well said! I echo that sentiment.

This thing is huge. I'm in Panama City and I'm already getting winds.

Good thoughts to all in the path!

Best wishes for safety to everyone threatened by Irma. Please be careful.

I'm praying that my sister is ready in Palm Harbor, as well as all UU members in Florida. Last text I got from her was that she was exhausted from working all day to prepare, plus dealing with three extra dogs in her house (her fur grand children). She was making a big pitcher of sangria to de-stress.

My best wishes for everyone in the path, and I can't think of a better thing to bring to a shelter than a uke. Gonna be a lot of stressed folks around -- get them singing if you can! If anyone gets hit with this monster and finds themselves truly uke-less, PM me. I've got two or three prototypes I'll share, perfect for wet and humid aftermath environments (free, of course).

I think there are more pressing 'items' to concern for during a potentially life-taking storm. Hope everyone there will be safe.
This is a uke site....trying to lighten things up a bit. Thanks for the constructive sarcasm. Hope you stay safe.

Last edited:
Hoping that everyone gets through the hurricane OK. Please update us when you can, if you're in the path of Irma.

All the best for all those affected by hurricanes! Nickie, you should do all you can to get out of there, looks like it's heading right up the west coast!

Thank you Danno,
We couldn't leave. We have 8 pets and will not leave them to fend for themselves. Anyway, Tammy's SUV is in the shop with a broken transmission. I no longer leave the county with my jalopy. The northbound roads clogged so quickly that people ran out of gas, and were sitting on the roads. The state opened the southbound lanes to evacuators way too late. We worked our butts off doing the best we could to make this old house safe for all. We just heard that Irma has gone to CatII, and we think it will survive that fairly well. I've been playing and singing to ease my anxiety.
FEMA has not done a good job, so we're told. Maybe tRump should disband that one. The Hurricane Center has done an amazing job reporting the storm's progress.
We watched a Live Streaming video of the local Unity minister's Sunday morning talk, she made me feel a lot better. Made me think, she's not telling us we're totally responsible for all this ourselves, but that we're totally responsible for how we react to it.
If this goes bad for us, y'all please remember that I love you, and will play the uke somehow, in whatever part of the Universe I land in. If it goes well, I'll be back on here when it's over!

Nickie, I have been concerned about you and everyone else in the path of Irma. Please be as safe as you can. I always appreciate your posts here in UU.
Looks as if we in Pensacola will get a miss on Irma. You take care

Cliff

Here is hoping that we can get out of San Juan today, and back to Iowa. I would like to get out of here just because I have a gig to play next week and I would like to get ready for that, but really, except for piles of debris and tree limbs that are laying around waiting to be picked up and hauled away, we are pretty much back to normal.

IMAG1412_BURST002.jpg

Last edited:
Rough flight from San Juan to Atlanta. Flight out of Atlanta was cancelled and there isn't a hotel room available reasonably close. I left my uke in San Juan, so I'm sitting here in the Atlanta airport and I'm ukeless. This is the second time Irma has touched me. The Delta Sky Club is real nice though. But they are closing it up at midnight.

I hope that Rllink made it out of Atlanta OK today. Travel in much of the country is probably difficult right now.

I hope that everyone is safe and sound, and all the ukuleles made it through OK, too, as a bonus.

My sister in the Tampa Bay area made it through with minimal damage. Just a tree limb through their screened lanai. My brother-in-law's work place sustained major roof damage. They just got power back on this afternoon. Three days without power in the heat & humidity was not fun I'm sure. They did not see any of the storm surge flooding that was predicted, but high winds did damage.

Even for my mom and I in Utah, it was stressful weekend of uncertainty and worry. Playing my ukulele helped de-stress me a lot. Hopefully we hear from Nickie soon.

I hope that Rllink made it out of Atlanta OK today. Travel in much of the country is probably difficult right now.

I hope that everyone is safe and sound, and all the ukuleles made it through OK, too, as a bonus.

I made it back to Iowa this afternoon. An uneventful day. Thanks all, for the thoughts and comments. I hope everyone else in Irma's path made it through. I know that Florida got hit hard, and I worry about all of our Florida friends. I have a neighbor in San Juan, who also owns a home in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico and in Tampa Florida. All three took a hit. He is just overwhelmed. Anyway, when it is all said and done, we made it through in pretty good shape. A lot better than many who are still suffering from the after affects. I hope they all start getting their lives back together soon.

Top Bottom