Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Please Pray that Irma Doesn't Steal my Ukes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...05217039884297

Your thread reminded me of the Steve Earle "This Machine Floats" photo

Here is hoping that we can get out of San Juan today, and back to Iowa. I would like to get out of here just because I have a gig to play next week and I would like to get ready for that, but really, except for piles of debris and tree limbs that are laying around waiting to be picked up and hauled away, we are pretty much back to normal.

IMAG1412_BURST002.jpg
    Last edited by Rllink; 09-11-2017 at 03:58 AM.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.
    There's more than one road into Richmond. Lil' Rev
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LEY9E_W5sw

Good thoughts to all the ukers caught up in these storms. Hope you and your ukes fared well.

Rough flight from San Juan to Atlanta. Flight out of Atlanta was cancelled and there isn't a hotel room available reasonably close. I left my uke in San Juan, so I'm sitting here in the Atlanta airport and I'm ukeless. This is the second time Irma has touched me. The Delta Sky Club is real nice though. But they are closing it up at midnight.

I hope that Rllink made it out of Atlanta OK today. Travel in much of the country is probably difficult right now.

I hope that everyone is safe and sound, and all the ukuleles made it through OK, too, as a bonus.

My sister in the Tampa Bay area made it through with minimal damage. Just a tree limb through their screened lanai. My brother-in-law's work place sustained major roof damage. They just got power back on this afternoon. Three days without power in the heat & humidity was not fun I'm sure. They did not see any of the storm surge flooding that was predicted, but high winds did damage.

Even for my mom and I in Utah, it was stressful weekend of uncertainty and worry. Playing my ukulele helped de-stress me a lot. Hopefully we hear from Nickie soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I hope that Rllink made it out of Atlanta OK today. Travel in much of the country is probably difficult right now.

I hope that everyone is safe and sound, and all the ukuleles made it through OK, too, as a bonus.
    I made it back to Iowa this afternoon. An uneventful day. Thanks all, for the thoughts and comments. I hope everyone else in Irma's path made it through. I know that Florida got hit hard, and I worry about all of our Florida friends. I have a neighbor in San Juan, who also owns a home in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico and in Tampa Florida. All three took a hit. He is just overwhelmed. Anyway, when it is all said and done, we made it through in pretty good shape. A lot better than many who are still suffering from the after affects. I hope they all start getting their lives back together soon.

Thread Information