Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uas

Default Uas

Hi, I have to have a really good ukulele for around $500.( possible a little more.) Going thru youtube listening to the different sized tenors has been cluttering up my mind. Checking craigslist and eBay is confusing as well. We will be going to Oahu for a week beginning the 13th of this month and I plan to visit different stores. I would just as soon have a less than perfect(second) ukulele as I don't really care about the looks as the sound and action. the Mele brand vs Opio vs Pono is the ones that I have pretty much decided upon. Does anyone have suggestions as to which ones I should get. I really really want a Moore Bettah ukulele - who doesn't?

If you find a Moore Bettah for $500, buy it, and stay quiet, or you'll cause a stampede that could kill and maim hundreds.
    Last edited by Nickie; 09-08-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search!
    Black Bear Sopranino Spruce/Koa~ Living Water
    Ohana Soprano SK-38 Mahogany~ Martin
    Mainland Soprano Mango~ Low G Daniel Ho
    KoAloha Concert~ Living Water

Welcome. Hope your uke finds you soon.
    - Laura

Sopranino - Vintage 1930's Camp Uke (Birch)
    Soprano - Koaloha Opio (Sapele), Martin OXK (HPL), Brueko No. 2 (Maple), Kala ASOV -S (Spruce/Ovangkol), Vintage 40's Silvertone (Mahogany), Vintage 50's Harmony (Birch), Zither Heaven (1 Black Walnut & 1 Cherry), First Act Discovery (Plastic)
    Concert - Luna (Spruce top)
    Tenor - Outdoor Ukulele (Composite Polycarbonate), Mainland (Mahogany)

I'm going to throw another one at you, a Kala solid cedar top, acacia koa body, tenor cutaway with electronics for $370. It gets great reviews. I've compared mine to the $1000 ukes and I think it comes very close.

Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, provide ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs.
    Patronize Bruce Wei Arts eBay store/custom shop in Vietnam http://stores.ebay.com/Bruceweiart-M...nstrument-Shop, good products, reasonable price. (Don't heed old reviews, he makes good stuff.)

There are some crazy good deals in the UU marketplace if you keep checking everyday. I'm sure you could score a nice tenor at that price.
    Kanile'a KSTP Natural Koa Tenor (High G)
    Mya-Moe Curly Myrtle Tenor (Low G)
    Martin 0XB Soprano (Everyday Carry)

Welcome to the forums! Have a nice vacation too
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Welcome aboard.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Hi and welcome to the forum, you're lucky to go to Hawaii. What I would advise you to do is to visit Hawaii Music Supply in Haleiwa and perhaps other music stores in order to play as many different ukes as possible and then buy the one you like best. I think you narrowed your choices down to great brands (I like both Pono and Opio very much), but perhaps something else will unexpectedly appeal to you...? Good luck, let us know what you end up with.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - John Kinnard - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - Toby Chennell - and others

thanx for the reply

Thread Information