Uas

randybuke

Reaction score
Hi, I have to have a really good ukulele for around $500.( possible a little more.) Going thru youtube listening to the different sized tenors has been cluttering up my mind. Checking craigslist and eBay is confusing as well. We will be going to Oahu for a week beginning the 13th of this month and I plan to visit different stores. I would just as soon have a less than perfect(second) ukulele as I don't really care about the looks as the sound and action. the Mele brand vs Opio vs Pono is the ones that I have pretty much decided upon. Does anyone have suggestions as to which ones I should get. I really really want a Moore Bettah ukulele - who doesn't?

If you find a Moore Bettah for $500, buy it, and stay quiet, or you'll cause a stampede that could kill and maim hundreds.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search!

Welcome. Hope your uke finds you soon.

I'm going to throw another one at you, a Kala solid cedar top, acacia koa body, tenor cutaway with electronics for $370. It gets great reviews. I've compared mine to the $1000 ukes and I think it comes very close.

There are some crazy good deals in the UU marketplace if you keep checking everyday. I'm sure you could score a nice tenor at that price.

Welcome to the forums! Have a nice vacation too

Hi and welcome to the forum, you're lucky to go to Hawaii. What I would advise you to do is to visit Hawaii Music Supply in Haleiwa and perhaps other music stores in order to play as many different ukes as possible and then buy the one you like best. I think you narrowed your choices down to great brands (I like both Pono and Opio very much), but perhaps something else will unexpectedly appeal to you...? Good luck, let us know what you end up with.

Moore relayed that five hundred would not buy the wood for his ukuleles. So much for that idea.

Top Bottom