One for DACA and the Dreamers

Well done! I always enjoy your videos, and this one is no exception. Showing my age, but "Right on!" :agree:

Bill

One of the things I like about this forum is a lack of politics.

Well done! Dream on!

One of the things I like about this forum is a lack of politics.

I agree entirely. Nothing can ruin a wonderful forum faster than a political food fight. However, much of the music we cherish and sing today is deeply rooted in protest and or the expression of support for people in some form of jeopardy. We're living in a world today where nearly everything seems to be politicized. Can we not all tolerate expressions of this sort -- expressing love and support -- and set aside the efforts of others to make it a political issue?

I think there's a place for political discussion. This is called a "forum" after all. But my video is simply my voicing a concern I have, and I used music and my ukulele to help me make a point, so I don't think there's an issue about me posting this video here. People are free to agree, disagree, or ignore my thread.

Come to think of it, the ukulele is an immigrant of sorts. Our society becomes richer when we don't close our doors.

Totally support your support for the dreamers.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

I think there's a place for political discussion. This is called a "forum" after all. But my video is simply my voicing a concern I have, and I used music and my ukulele to help me make a point, so I don't think there's an issue about me posting this video here. People are free to agree, disagree, or ignore my thread.

Come to think of it, the ukulele is an immigrant of sorts. Our society becomes richer when we don't close our doors.

I second that!
Music is often used to express political view. I guess it's more acceptable if the singer is a celebrity ?

BTW PINK has a very powerful song name Dear Mr President. I am told the YouTube link is unavailable in the US but there are many links to that song . There bound to be one still available as PINK only sings it in live concert. Talk about expressing political view through music. This one is pretty bold!

Thanks, Pa! Love the Emma Lazarus poem!
Thanks, Brenda! I'll look for that Pink song.
Thanks, Mike! I'm still hanging around and have a few more songs I want to try to cover! :)
Thanks, Deznuchs! I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom