Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 291 - Drugs

All my favourite drug songs have really subtle references so as not to make it obvious.

Hope this one by Queens of the Stone Age squeaks through.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

OK. Done for season 291 from the camp kitchen at Seal Rocks caravan park NSW.
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 09-10-2017 at 06:16 PM.

There's a certain Mojo Nixon song that would be SOOOO much fun to do ...
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> • Ohana PCK-25G pineapple mahogany concert • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano • Fluke natural concert <BG> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Koa soprano Flea (!!!) • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by uke4ia View Post
    I'm usually terrible about watching people's videos in the Seasons I'm not hosting. So when I've hosted, I've felt compelled to overcompensate by making long comments and going down rabbit holes researching the songs people play. This has led me to fall way behind in commenting, and not finish until weeks later. So this time around, I'm going to make shorter comments and just post the comments on the YouTube video page, and see if I can be more timely that way.
    I remember my firsts couple hosting seasons where I felt the need to familiarize myself with new to me songs.......which was about every song that came in. I quickly realized that it was just fine to listen to the songs as if it didn't matter. I made long winded comments too. Now I've learned not to kill myself hosting and just go with the flow.

Making comments on YT only is just fine IMO Jim
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

What I don’t want to hear this week:

• Songs that aren’t about drugs, but the musician was on drugs when it was written. That would be way too easy. It would allow you just about any song from 1967 into the ‘80s.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm usually terrible about watching people's videos in the Seasons I'm not hosting. So when I've hosted, I've felt compelled to overcompensate by making long comments and going down rabbit holes researching the songs people play. This has led me to fall way behind in commenting, and not finish until weeks later. So this time around, I'm going to make shorter comments and just post the comments on the YouTube video page, and see if I can be more timely that way.
    good idea, we want you hosting, to be as much fun for you, as for us!

roxy music, "love is the drug"

P.S. this season has already proved very educational for me

i used to think............................ that he was singing................... catch that BUS

like this one i used to go to school on

This might just squeak in under the Thornton Rule.

A few weeks ago I Googled a former classmate who bullied me and later turned to a life of crime. This time the search was tragic; I learned that he died of an overdose, after getting his life together. I felt badly about my schadenfreude--especially in light of how he went--and I wrote him a lullaby.

(I have another original song on the pipe that fits the theme a little better and will post that later in the week.)

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    P.S. this season has already proved very educational for me

i used to think............................ that he was singing................... catch that BUS

like this one i used to go to school on

In my original song "Indie Cred", I have the line:
    When my life flashes before me will I want that one chance back
    To have my scrotum pierced or maybe do a little smack?

My daughter just told me it was only halfway through college that she learned that "smack" referred to heroin. She thought it was a genre of music.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Default 291-1

This is the second song that came to my mind.

An old country song written by the great Dallas Frazier with drugs and--you guessed it!--an unhappy ending. Four-part harmony in the chorus, and I did something with the ukulele on this song that I've never done before.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Thread Information