Season 291 - Drugs

White Rabbit

I see turtledrum beat me to this one, but I've been on drugs you see.

Last edited:
Psychedelic Mango Rock

- A favorite group, perhaps the favorite, for decades -- both my wife and me.
Their best album, best songs. All on the Tube. "It's a Beautiful Day".

"Girl With No Eyes"
About halfway through is the line, "She's just a reflection of all of the time I've been high".

A Finnish song about artist's life which mentions lots of drugs: "Taiteilijaelämää" (1995) by Ismo Alanko.
(A fine version with symphony orchestra is here.)

They really are.

We went to see Osborne in a little music club (they discourage talking during shows!) and sat at the front table right by her. At the start of the show she said that she hoped we wouldn't mind she was doing all Dylan songs for a new series of shows she was starting. I was delighted. You should hear her sing, Man in the Long Black Coat and Boots of Spanish Leather. She's amazing. I saw her with the remaining Grateful Dead members a couple of times and she was great then, too. When she had that one hit she really tore up a huge outdoor crowd during the Atlanta Olympics, too. I can't believe she isn't the biggest star out there.

I love this Transatlantic session video of St Teresa.
All the transatlanic session vids are worth a look.

Did the video for this a few days ago but just got around to the vocals and processing. Enjoy!

Junco Partner

First recorded in 1951 by James Waynes, covered in 1980 by the Clash on 'Sandinista'

Although I already submitted 3 vid, 2 where for the same song and Sean asked for this ;). Here is my version of Running to Stand Still.

Jim managed to get us out of hiding and record a song for his Season. This one's for you, Jim!
Of Montreal, and especially this song, have been favourites for years, but until now we've never tried to make it our own. Love is the drug!

Hey strangers! Long time no see. It's time for the old Mark and Sam Wo one-two punch. This is an obvious learn it real quick and record in one take contribution, but we enjoyed it!

Here's my third and final. I was going to do Cocaine Makes Me Regular by The Asskickers but this Springsteen tune fit my mood. I also tried to get through Legend Of A Mind for you Jim but that just wasn't working out. Anyone?

I guess taste is lost on some people. I thought it was fantastic. Loved the classic country feel of it.

Now would be a good time for someone to do "Pink Turns to Blue" by Husker Du. The guy who wrote it, Grant Hart, died today. Husker Du broke up mostly because of his heroin addiction. He did manage to kick it eventually though, and had a good career both solo and with a couple of other bands. His death was caused by liver cancer.

The Posies wrote a song called "Grant Hart" about how Husker Du's music affected them.

Here's another drug song video. This is the band K's Choice.

I seem to be on some kind of 90's kick. This was the first song that came into my mind when I read the theme. I loved this song as a kid. Needless to say, I had no idea what it was about or what the words meant. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Little Steve Earle tune for ya- I reckon most of his songs are about drugs...this here is about selling them

In the back of my mind I know this is a play on words of another song from years ago, something about "and the joint burned down", but I cannot remember what it was. Can anyone enlighten me?

Top Bottom