Solid Wood Soprano suggestions

I actually messaged Duane about it and then managed to buy a Martin C1K locally for around $300 usd. Not a soprano but at that price...

Like I said to Duane I reckon I'll be back in touch with him for a uke at some stage. They look very nice and from all reports sound that way too.

I actually messaged Duane about it and then managed to buy a Martin C1K locally for around $300 usd. Not a soprano but at that price...

Like I said to Duane I reckon I'll be back in touch with him for a uke at some stage. They look very nice and from all reports sound that way too.

Congrats! I've heard that C1Ks are great ukes.

I don't have much experience with Sopranos but the Anuenue 1879 I have sounds fantastic to me! Solid Koa, peg head tuners. So sweet and plenty loud.

Ahh so you found something, a Martin C1K?

There are lots of choices out there...

I just saw this thread and was going to add the S1 to the list...the C1K is a wonderful instrument as well. I had the desire to own a Martin, and the S1 scratched that itch (bought it for a great price). I missed out on a wonderful T1 but I wasn’t in a place to buy it at the time.

On my list? That Ohana Mahogany Concert replication of the Martin 3...which is that...the 38 or 39?

I’d also happily recommend any of the Mainland Ukuleles, and also would suggest the solid wood ukuleles made by Bonanza.

Last edited:
I just saw this thread and was going to add the S1 to the list...the C1K is a wonderful instrument as well. I had the desire to own a Martin, and the S1 scratched that itch (bought it for a great price). I missed out on a wonderful T1 but I wasn’t in a place to buy it at the time.

On my list? That Ohana Mahogany Concert replication of the Martin 3...which is that...the 38 or 39?

I’d also happily recommend any of the Mainland Ukuleles, and also would suggest the solid wood ukuleles made by Bonanza.

I've got an SK-38 as well. It's great fun to play :)

Thanks all. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom