Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makala dolphin or MK-P??

Quote Originally Posted by RickOlson View Post
    Also, remember that the dolphin is plastic. That has advantages and disadvantages. You can spill things on it and you can get it in fun colors, but it doesn't look like a "serious" instrument. I'm personally not a fan of the plastic ukes because I really like wood.
    Only the back and sides of the dolphin/shark are plastic. The top, where you get nearly all the sound from, is wood. I got a shark for my daughter a few years ago and it is a really nice little uke. Lots of fun to play. Especially if you consider the ~$50 price tag.

I too like the look, and sound, of pineapple ukes. I don't think you could go wrong with either purchase as long as you buy it from someone who will do a proper set up. As others have said, this is very important on the lesser priced ukes and will make playing them much more fun/comfortable.
    Main players:

Soprano: Laughlin 2K | Maui Music Deluxe Mango

Concert: Collings UC2 | Talsma Style 3 | 16" Ono | Ono Pineapple | Blackbird Clara

Tenor: Collings UT3SMB

Baritone: LoPrinzi

[QUOTE=WCBarnes;1996686]Only the back and sides of the dolphin/shark are plastic. The top, where you get nearly all the sound from, is wood. /QUOTE]

Thanks for correcting me. That's good to know... and even better to remember next time
    ... or maybe I'm wrong

Thread Information