Any love for the Taylor GS Mini Bass?

timmit65

Reaction score
I've got to say, I'm loving this thing! It's amazing how much sound this small body instrument puts out acoustically. Also, the string tension is great. In fact, I thought I'd need to do a major set-up on this, but the string tension really makes higher action a non-factor!

I hate to keep gushing, but the pickup sounds very nice, too. I've only played it for some recording, yes some with ukes. It really does have a good sounding pickup. I can't wait to get time to do a "Proper" recording micing and using the pickup.

Cool, I have a GS-Mini Koa guitar and it sounds pretty good to be so small. It's very bright and chimey like you'd expect. The GS-Mini Bass sounds very interesting, and they get good reviews. I'm not a bass player, but if I were to go to the dark side that way, I'd be more interested in one of those than a ukulele bass. :cool:

I saw this one in the NAMM demo videos, and would love to try it.

I am getting tired of the polyurethane strings, and the slightly longer than baritone scale length (22" IIRC) of this one seems like it would be just about right...

so, to answer the OP's question, love for it? Not yet, but I am open to the possibility. :)

I, too, saw it at NAMM. It was impressive, but owning it is incredible ...

I am getting tired of the polyurethane strings, and the slightly longer than baritone scale length (22" IIRC) of this one seems like it would be just about right...

Yes, I sold my Kala Uke Bass and acoustic Ibanez bass....the Taylor more than replaced both!

Top Bottom