Today George is my favorite Beatle.

When he was going I walked out to the car and he said, 'Well, wait... I want to leave some ukuleles here.' He'd already given me one, so I said, 'Well, I've got this.' 'No, we may need more!' He opened his trunk and he had a lot of ukulele in there, and I think he left four at my house. He said, 'Well, you never know when we might need them, because not everybody carries one around.'" - Tom Petty

I don't think that George spent an inordinate amount of time discussing the merits and tonalities of different woods, makers ad /or strings. :cool:
He evidently was not all that worried about all those "Kamaka" ukuleles sitting in the trunk of his car, out in the hot sun, either. Hope he had them all properly humidified. ;)

His son Dhani has said that Kamaka concert ukes were his favorites. When in Hawaii he would buy all that he could get his hands on.

The story at my local shop (McCabe's in Santa Monica) was that he would do the same when he was in Los Angeles. I like to think it's a true story but somehow it seems nobody around today ever actually witnessed it.

He evidently was not all that worried about all those "Kamaka" ukuleles sitting in the trunk of his car, out in the hot sun, either. Hope he had them all properly humidified. ;)

:) :) :)

The story at my local shop (McCabe's in Santa Monica) was that he would do the same when he was in Los Angeles. I like to think it's a true story but somehow it seems nobody around today ever actually witnessed it.

:) :) :)
His son Dhani actually told me that he (George) would buy out the store in Hawaii. I didn't ask about Santa Monica/L.A.

Did anyone catch "All Things Must Pass", now playing on Netflix? I give it 4 stars. Just when you thought you knew everything about the Beatles, there were quite a few revealing things in the film that I didn't know about George.

Did anyone catch "All Things Must Pass", now playing on Netflix? I give it 4 stars. Just when you thought you knew everything about the Beatles, there were quite a few revealing things in the film that I didn't know about George.

Thanks for the tip. Great thread, this. George was always my fave, from the 1st time I heard him play a sitar.

I did see that- very interesting. The title is "Living in the Material World" isn't it?

One of my favorite songs to play inspired by this vid'...

Top Bottom