Did I make a mistake?!

Really glad to hear all of this. Thanks again.
I'll definitely be keeping my baritone. I just LOVE the deeper sound. I received my concert yesterday, but the E won't hold its tune. I'm constantly having to retune it.

I'm sure that in the future I'll be moving to baritone, but until I can get good enough with the concert to almost make it feel as though it's an extension of my arm, I think I'll stick with the plan.

Really glad to hear all of this. Thanks again.
I'll definitely be keeping my baritone. I just LOVE the deeper sound. I received my concert yesterday, but the E won't hold its tune. I'm constantly having to retune it.

I'm sure that in the future I'll be moving to baritone, but until I can get good enough with the concert to almost make it feel as though it's an extension of my arm, I think I'll stick with the plan.

Do you have friction tuners on your concert, they sit underneath the headstock and point straight down. If you do and only the E string is going out of tune you can tighten the screw that passes through that tuning knob. That will compress the washers inside and the tuner will hold it's position.

Do you have friction tuners on your concert, they sit underneath the headstock and point straight down. If you do and only the E string is going out of tune you can tighten the screw that passes through that tuning knob. That will compress the washers inside and the tuner will hold it's position.

Awesome! I'll definitely take a look when I get home. (Sorry. My noobness is showing again)

I think buying a Baritone ukulele is always a mistake.

Discuss.

I bought a baritone. I gave it away. I was given another baritone. I sold it.

As usual, I've come to this party a bit late, but I think the baritone is a good idea. The wife could play something in C. The husband could play the exact thing on the baritone, but it would be in G. Since those keys are a fifth apart, it would be harmonious. However if both of them played the same thing, it would be a bit redundant. And there's no need to learn anything new for the baritone. This might start some flaming, but I play my baritone (dgbe) exactly as if it were a concert. In fact, I have never looked at a single baritone resource.

I play both and in the last year learned to shift between them in correctly named chords! However I started out playing a fifth lower and still play some things in the lower key, just 'cause. I like my Bari tuned with a Hi d string to make it sound like a Uke.

A concert is a good starter though. I started with a Tenor but shifted to a Concert it helped learning a lot. After getting accustomed to the Concert, I got my bari and didn't have much trouble adjusting to the longer stretch.

Thanks again everyone. I'm definitely holding on to my baritone. As a matter of fact, after playing the concert that I got in the mail, I just keep wanting to go back to my baritone with or without the capo.
My wife keeps telling me to decide, that way we can send the concert back if so...

Thanks again everyone. I'm definitely holding on to my baritone. As a matter of fact, after playing the concert that I got in the mail, I just keep wanting to go back to my baritone with or without the capo.
My wife keeps telling me to decide, that way we can send the concert back if so...

Congratulations! Sounds like the baritone is already calling to your heart. :love: "Keep me, keep me....."

Here's a good site for lovers of the beautiful, mellow baritone:

http://humblebaritonics.blogspot.com

Just decide to keep both.......easy peasy!!!!

Top Bottom