Ahe Lau Makani

Thanks, Campbell and Brenda! I really recommend Dennis Kamakahi's version, in which he sings and plays slack key guitar. Brenda, I hope it's not true that they are charging people to see Rainbow Falls. I shot this particular footage in around 2001, so I don't know the situation these days. I love eating garlic shrimp on the North Shore, but unfortunately I don't have any video footage of that! :)

Thanks for the request, Brenda! Can I borrow your drone? :)

Mahalo, Stan! Lili'uokalani's "Aloha O'e" might be the most famous Hawaiian song of all time. There definitely should be more appreciation of her as a music composer, that's for sure!

You can start singing like Danny Couch now
Drone is programmed to begin the flight to Japan !

Seriously, Danny Couch has great range and it's hard to sing his songs. I have given his "Lady You're My Rainbow" a try. It was a tribute to rainbow shave ice. I do have another song of his that I'd like to try...

Sounds AWESOME John!

I dont understand more than like 5 words in Hawaiian, but the melody is great and the singing and playing are really good.

if you ever made an album, I would definitely buy it :)

Thanks for sharing brother! :music:

Last edited:
Thanks, Luke! Mahalo, Booli! I really appreciate it!

What a beautiful song and video! Very peaceful and serene. I love the little crab scuttling across the beach, almost in time to the music!

I agree that the songs written by the last Queen are lovely. We need to hear more of them!

Thanks for posting. I'm inspired to hop on a plane an fly to the islands RIGHT NOW! :)

Thanks, OhioBelle! Explore the island of Kauai if you have a chance. It's my favorite island! :)

Top Bottom