What sanding sealer to use with spray lacquer please?

Read the label on the can of lacquer you are using and follow their recommendation. If it is a nitrocellulose lacquer, use a spirit based sealer.

What brand are you using? Sorry for this my American friends...Steve, you are going to have to ignorer any replies from US forum members. Our spray products in ther main are significantly different from theirs. I could pretty much tell you by the brand name what you have here in the UK. For a cedar front, you won't need a sealer regardless of the type: cellulose or acrylic. You will for the back and sides if you have an open pore timber and this must 'pair' with your top coat. If you use an acrylic we do not have the type here in the UK that will burn into the previous layers so you cannot do the buffed gloss finish without developing witness lines from uneaven flatting back... send me a pmand I will direct you to a great product which I use.

What brand are you using? Sorry for this my American friends...Steve, you are going to have to ignorer any replies from US forum members. Our spray products in ther main are significantly different from theirs. I could pretty much tell you by the brand name what you have here in the UK. For a cedar front, you won't need a sealer regardless of the type: cellulose or acrylic. You will for the back and sides if you have an open pore timber and this must 'pair' with your top coat. If you use an acrylic we do not have the type here in the UK that will burn into the previous layers so you cannot do the buffed gloss finish without developing witness lines from uneaven flatting back... send me a pmand I will direct you to a great product which I use.

Pm'd you Pete

Thanks,

Steve

Top Bottom