Season 292 - 80's Synth Pop

Well it's just about 9am here in the UK so still a good few hours to go til midnight Hawaii time if anyone wants to get a few more 80s synth gems in. Have enjoyed catching up and it's all ther on the playlist.

26 hours, in fact. Don't forget midnight Hawaii is currently 11am Monday here. (10am after the clocks go back in October)

Just in case you were mixing your days up which someone did recently

Ah. I love synth pop. Thinking back to the first synth pop song that really got me moving on the junior high school cafetorium (that's what they called it) floor, here's the first one that came to mind...

20 tracks later and this bad boy is in the can. I would have been done sooner, but a busy weekend kept it until the last minute. A first for me here during the seasons in that my wife Lisa is singing backing vocals on this one and she sounds awesome. She is the right channel backing. I have covered this before as an instrumental but I have always wanted to do a proper cover and this seemed like the perfect week. This is a rare song from me with full instrumentation, concert uke, tenor uke, uke bass, drum machine (so synth poppy), and layers of vocals and effects. The video is more stock footage from Videvo. I'm glad to be listening to a lot of Synth Pop goodness this week. As always, headsets recommended.

Last edited:
I had about an hour and half this morning to try and get my head around this 'lil twister fingerstyle(very short) version so blips and slips apply alas (I'm not a natural with this picking malarkey). Its running a little late over the Hawaiian time stuff but hey I don't care its about me learning something and playing something for you so the rest is Immaterial, besides I had to show my face at your first hosting mate

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for making my first season hosting such an enjoyable experience. Will post a wrap vid in a few days or so. I need to get something done for Trent's season now too :D

It's a wrap!

Winners, pm your addresses if you'd like to receive your "no expense spared" prizes this side of Christmas ;)

Hi John! It WAS a brilliant season - way outside my comfort zone - and you did a great job! I'm so pleased to be a winner in the draw! Thanks so much! (And, speaking from the experience of my one and only Season to date, they ARE fun to do, aren't they ... even if they're hard work!)

Greetings,

Super season, great wrap. I could listen to you speak for hours, something about your tone and accent. Thanks a bunch for hosting. Congrats to winners.

Ciao.

wow i am so thrilled to get a shout out, in such an amazing week with sooooooooooooooo many great songs and wonderful covers! thank you! and thank you for being such a great host. super theme, super week :rock:

This was an excellent Season, I enjoyed it a lot. Got to try out some songs I never would have otherwise.

John, what a fantastic season! Once you get one hosting under your belt, it’s kinda like UAS. You want more!

So sorry Ive missed all the awesomeness! Im glad to hear you've had such a fun time hosting Sir John and that you've signed up for another :)

Congratulations on the shout out Lynda and to all the lucky winners :)

Top Bottom