Season 292 - 80's Synth Pop

292-3

I used to play this cassette in my 1978 Camaro as I drove the Air Force base. And sing at the top of my lungs.

clarification needed. I want to do a song that was popular in the 80's with lots of synth, but technically it is disco/funk. Cool if I try to give it a whirl?

Hopefully Tiffany can join me on this one. The song I have in mind kinda needs 2 voices, and it will help a lot if one of them is female. We'll see what we can do.

I love the drawing of me as Shakespeare in my attic ;)

View attachment 103102

Funny, I was coming home tonight from rehearsal listening to a guy using synths to back acoustic guitar and I thought. Hmm.. I havent done that in a while. So, this week's theme is a wonderful coincidence and a good reason to hook up my synth.
Glad you liked it Berni :D. Will look forward to whatever you bring.

Hi John! Well, what with my husband being transferred to another hospital today (to convalesce - so he must, finally, be getting better!), with a large pile of logs which has just been dumped behind our woodshed and which now has to be stacked (see photo) .... oh, and the fact that the YouTube video editor which I normally use is closing down on Wednesday; I might be a little late posting this week. I'll do my very best though ... I want to make Eighties "noise"!21686886_1558333404189302_3916149361014198389_o.jpg

Hi John! Well, what with my husband being transferred to another hospital today (to convalesce - so he must, finally, be getting better!), with a large pile of logs which has just been dumped behind our woodshed and which now has to be stacked (see photo) .... oh, and the fact that the YouTube video editor which I normally use is closing down on Wednesday; I might be a little late posting this week. I'll do my very best though ... I want to make Eighties "noise"!View attachment 103109

That's a lot of potential ukes there! Glad you husbands on the mend though.

Here's number 3 of several from me. Maybe a little light on the synth but is definitely class it as "new wave" which is how I interpret this theme.

Original is by Belois Some in 1985.

Hi John! Well, what with my husband being transferred to another hospital today (to convalesce - so he must, finally, be getting better!), with a large pile of logs which has just been dumped behind our woodshed and which now has to be stacked (see photo) .... oh, and the fact that the YouTube video editor which I normally use is closing down on Wednesday; I might be a little late posting this week. I'll do my very best though ... I want to make Eighties "noise"!View attachment 103109
Good news about your husband Val. Glad to hear it. And I look forward to whatever you bring this week but please don't worry if you're not able too. :D

Been having some issues with my video editing software so no accompanying sketch on this, but I've very much enjoyed revisiting the 80s.

And another. It's a sin what I've done to this.

No it's not, it's a sin though that they didn't get done for lifting Wild World from Cat Stevens.
Great theme John, lots of good music to choose from. I've never tried playing synth pop on guitar or uke and unfortunately I'm not going to get the chance to try, too busy, lots of work came in, typical :-( Hope to hear Black's Wonderful Life from somebody, that's the one I would have had a go at..

No it's not, it's a sin though that they didn't get done for lifting Wild World from Cat Stevens.
Great theme John, lots of good music to choose from. I've never tried playing synth pop on guitar or uke and unfortunately I'm not going to get the chance to try, too busy, lots of work came in, typical :-( Hope to hear Black's Wonderful Life from somebody, that's the one I would have had a go at..

How could I forget that one!

Challenge duly accepted.

Top Bottom