Season 292 - 80's Synth Pop

Did I miss it, or has nobody given this one a go yet? I had to go down where Phil Oakey went up. (Roy Orbison week all over again...)

First time I heard this song back in in 1979, I thought that's a hit song! I still think it today, it's just so infectious. Now I said '79, but this is technically legal for this Season cause a remix was released in the UK in 1989. This wasn't easy to pull off, I was running out of wind by the end. lol

Some Simple Minds, here is my take on Don't you forget about me, I added some vocals for fun (and to mask some flubs ;)).

That song may have been written in 1979, but it's just about the most 8o's thing I've ever heard.

First time I heard this song back in in 1979, I thought that's a hit song! I still think it today, it's just so infectious. Now I said '79, but this is technically legal for this Season cause a remix was released in the UK in 1989. This wasn't easy to pull off, I was running out of wind by the end. lol

I'm not sure I know it well enough. Plus, there's is absolutely no way to outshine or even compare to your performance.

Thanks. I just figured with your strumming prowess, and having your brood doing the call back vocals, it would really be something! lol

Well, the end of another day for me. 63 vids on the playlist. The quality and variety is frankly amazing. There are a few people I've noticed havent yet joined us this season, if they're reading this they know who they are. Just wanted to say hope you are well wherever you are. And I know some of you are very busy. Let's face it, Seasons is fantastic, but we all have lives outside of here. So tonight my thoughts are with you all. Good night folks.

There's a much better arrangement of this on Stewart Greenhill's page. Unfortunately, it's about six pages and I'm low on ink. So here's a simpler version. I'll do the Greenhill one in another season, maybe. And maybe by then I'll have more-convincing glasses and a white jacket!

Apologies for the sound quality, I just threw my phone on my desk and went for it...which is likely not the best practice for the top shelf audio you are used to from me (LOL)
Anyway- I had to Spin ya. Immediately. It was important.

Only one brief vocal flub. Came out much nicer than my last entry. Enjoy the earworm!

Thomas Dolby was one of my absolute favorites from back then. Now, here I am trying to play a song of his strictly from memory and never having played it before. At best there's something if the sonar ping here which is the mating call of the submarine after all.

Last edited:
Heelo my fellow Seasonistas! It's been a month since I've last had an entry, and I've missed it. See, I've been on vacation, touring by motorcycle here in SE Asia. This time, I decided not to bring the ukulele with me, so I had no means to join in. Now I'm back in Yangon and you're invited to check out what is going to be an expanding playlist of travel videos from my journey.

Generally speaking, I don't like to repeat songs others have entered. I think most of us feel that way. Particularly when they're as unique and heartfelt as Desert Pavement's excellent version of this same song. Here's my take.

(We don't Need That) Fascist Groove Thang

Some righteously political dance music in the 1980s...

This is my last one for this week. Very fun Season! So, I just HAD to do one more Taco tune this week, this being the title track off his "After eight" album. This one is really cheesy, with even more extra cheese on the side, literally. Don't know if I'd ever get a chance to try these songs again, and like the other one, this was also a fun challenge to work out to attempt to pull off.

Number 6 for me this week.

This song is probably out of my league, both in playing and vocal terms but it's just one of those songs that always slaps a big smile on my face so I had to give it a go.

Top Bottom