Hello from the Twin Cities

ookitarepanda

Reaction score
I've been a guitar player for most of my life, but my dad kinda got me into playing uke. It's interesting to me how just the size of the instrument makes me feel a lot more able to just pick up and play when I feel the urge.

I know we have some other folks from Minnesota, but I am jumping on board these forums as well! Hi!

Welcome!

There are a couple of clubs (nominaly so) in the Twin Cities (no formal organization, no tax-excempt status) such as the Twin Cities Ukulele Club and StrumMN. I don't attend many events as they are either during the day, or on weekday evenings in Minneapolis.

The Great Minnesota Ukulele Get Together is the weekend of Nov 17-18...put that on your schedule. Lil' Rev will be the main teacher.

My family loves music and sister is fun of Ukulele (she even play other instruments) and I always told to form a band but her priority for now is finish her college.

Hi from down by Mankato. Glad you joined in. The uke is a instrument for finger picking or lazy strumming

Enjoy and keep us posted

Hi and welcome.
When I was a kid, our family lived near Hastings. It was a dairy farm converted for housing and training show horses.
OMG it was cold there, and the skeeters, jeepers, creepers! And don't let anyone tell you there are no tornadoes!
MN is a beautiful state, especially if you love snow. I loved skateboarding and toboggan. We kids made some great snow caves!
I broke a window in our house playing with a cane pole, worst trouble I ever go into!
One of the best experiences in my life was breaking wild Shetland ponies to ride.

Hi and welcome.
When I was a kid, our family lived near Hastings. It was a dairy farm converted for housing and training show horses.
OMG it was cold there, and the skeeters, jeepers, creepers! And don't let anyone tell you there are no tornadoes!
MN is a beautiful state, especially if you love snow. I loved skateboarding and toboggan. We kids made some great snow caves!
I broke a window in our house playing with a cane pole, worst trouble I ever go into!
One of the best experiences in my life was breaking wild Shetland ponies to ride.

Yeah, it's not particularly the tropical island-style place where you'd normally hear ukuleles. But I guess it's our way of warming up.

Top Bottom