F/s: Kinnard honduran mahogany baritone 19" scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to acquire a few instruments that aren't often available second hand, and so I am letting go of a few very nice ones. This baritone has a classic Mahogany tone with a very sweet high end presence. I am asking $SOLD shipped within the continental US.

Sound sample by Kevin Beddoe ~

https://app.box.com/s/gngg9hw9bjbohcjz6473511g5ysv9cy3

Here is a review by previous owner with some nice photos ~

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?122713-NUUD-New-Used-Uke-Day

IMG_5501.jpg

Last edited:
What a great opportunity for somebody to snag a lovely sounding Kinnard baritone at a great price!

I have a 19in scale Uke that I play gcea and it has become my favorite player. If you like playing in the higher frets, it gives you the room to do so. Smaller scales sometimes gives me issues up the fretboard, and as it has been said, you bought the whole fretboard when you bought the Uke, so you might as well use it.

I have a 19in scale Uke that I play gcea and it has become my favorite player. If you like playing in the higher frets, it gives you the room to do so. Smaller scales sometimes gives me issues up the fretboard, and as it has been said, you bought the whole fretboard when you bought the Uke, so you might as well use it.

Welcome HOME , Lenny
Glad you survived the hurricane and back on line.
Very good point about the fretboard.

I have played this Uke ... it has tremendous sound ... if you are considering a Baritone Uke ... this one is exceptional.

Sweet looking Kinnard!

Is the fretboard flat or radiused?? I can't tell from the photos.

Cheers,
Charles

I may have to try that Lenny :) Though I have strung Tenor bodied instruments in DGBE, I have not tried stinging a baritone bodied instrument in GCEA yet. The 19" scale certainly makes it possible.

Very glad to see you made it through Irma and have electricity back on! ! !

Thanks Eddie and Sam!

Chasapple ~ Thanks! Yes, it has a radiused fretboard, and the neck profile is very comfortable and easy to play.

Sweeeeet. My first "real" bari was a 19" Bruko all solid mahogany. If that was a Camry, this Kinnard looks like a Lexus. :cool:

Sweeeeet. My first "real" bari was a 19" Bruko all solid mahogany. If that was a Camry, this Kinnard looks like a Lexus. :cool:

Well said Jim! I have it strung with Southcoast HML's tuned to EAC#F# right now. It really does have a sweet tone in that tuning. One of the nicest things about it is how light it is, even compared to other Kinnard baritones.

sold pending payment!

SOLD! Thanks again UU!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom