Looking For Pickup Recommendation for a Banjo-Uke

FiL

Reaction score
Anyone have a pickup they recommend for a banjo-uke? I have a Gold Tone tenor banjo-uke. My current pickup (a JJB EXT-100 passive piezo stick-on mounted on the underside of the head) has died.

- FiL

Last edited:
Mya-Moe uses the K&K twinspot on their Beansprouts banjo Ukes. I've used K&K's on guitars and have been very happy with them. Note they are a passive pickup.

I'm with Hollis. I have a K&K twinspot on my Donaldson, and love it. They do make different models, but the quality/price ratio on all of them are very high. If I wantd to put a pickup on one of my banjo ukes, I would definitely go for a K&K.

-Kurt​

Thanks, folks. The K&K is on my radar, as is the Myers Grip, which is actually a small mic.

And as I posted in another thread, I'm also wondering if instead of spending all kinds of money electrifying multiple instruments, maybe I should just learn to use an instrument mic.

- FiL

I've used microvox pickups which like the Myers is a small mic. You only need one of these miniature mics as you can transfer them from instrument to instrument, though having more than one might make changing instruments quicker.

Top Bottom