New (to me) uke day and a happy story

philpot

Reaction score
Afternoon, UU!

I've been absent from the forums for quite awhile, but I just wanted to give a quick update on the next big thing that's happened in my ukulele journey.

Some time ago, I was on the waiting list to get a Mya Moe ukulele. I had been playing for several years and finally wanted to get an instrument that was made for me. I put my name down and began the wait.

My name was finally put onto the build schedule, and as you can tell from this UU thread I made at the time, I was quite thrilled. Unfortunately, life happens, and I had a car literally blow up on me. Forced to choose between transportation and a uke, I had to cancel my order.

Since my wood was already picked and the build schedule finalized, Mya Moe went ahead and made my uke and put it up for sale. I didn't see it posted, but I did go back and sadly look at the uke tracker some time later to see what I had missed. Man, she was beautiful. (http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1863) I fantasized about figuring out who ended up with it and buying it off them, but I never thought it would actually happen.

Fast forward a little over a year, and a chance UU post and some messages back and forth later, and it looks like I'm the proud owner of Mya Moe SN# 1863! I'll post my own pictures when she arrives, but I couldn't contain my excitement and I just wanted to share my happy acquisition with the community that inspired me to keep playing and sharing my favorite instrument after all these years.

-Phil

That is awesome Phil! That uke was literally and figuratively made for you! I am glad it found its way to you. Congratulations on an incredible uke!

Great story! I hope it's all you hope it'll be and then some. After all that, getting it will probably be even sweeter.

This is a really cool story, welcome back and thanks for sharing it!
Beautiful uke, too....

Well I don't think you have to worry about the Uke blowing up on you anytime soon... ;)

Things have a way of working out, don't they, nice to hear!

Now this is something worth celebrating! Happy dance!

Can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it when the uke of your dreams finally arrives.

It seems fate would not separate you from that uke! Congrats!!

Glad to hear that the planets aligned for you. I'm sure that you will have a special relationship with that instrument for years.

She's finally arrived, and I can't put her down! I'll hopefully put some videos together soon :) 21951768_10212014657775980_584439244_o.jpg

That is a great looking ukulele. Great storey. I really like the slotted headstock and Koa. Congrats

What a beauty! Post more pictures. Really glad you shared your story :)

Well, that uke was made for you, so seems only right you finally get to play it. Congrats!

Nice that some things really do work out the way they should.

Congrats and a great story. Happy you finally got "your" uke. I really have applaud you for making that tough decision back then, even though you knew it was going to cost you the uke of your dreams. It is only fitting that you got a second shot at it.

Hopefully the route you took allowed you to get better transportation and hopefully that uke for a little less, not that the price you paid is important in the scheme of things.

John

Top Bottom