Gold Tone BU-1 concert banjo uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

igorthebarbarian

Reaction score
Up next is a Gold Tone BU-1 concert banjo uke/banjolele.

It's their budget version of their BUC, selling at $199. I bought mine a few months ago from Mike at Uke Republic (nice guy). It is concert scale, and has a zero nut which makes the action nice. It has what looks like Aquila strings or maybe D'addarios on them. It's an 8" rim. It's fairly heavy (not lightweight like my Firefly).

It has a Hot Dog pickup, which I have plugged in once only to ensure it worked. I actually use the plug-in to an electronic tuner; that's a great feature.

It comes with a poor/thin gig bag, which offers no protection, so I'll bubble wrap it well. I will ship with the bridge down. I will ship UPS Ground to CONUS.

I am selling to help pay for my wife's college tuition. I also probably don't "need" multiple banjo ukes.

Asking $140 Paypal Friends & Family.

More photos here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KobWKsPct68JXHVq1

Original listing here:
http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/gold-tone-bu-1-concert-banjo-ukulele-w-pickup

Thanks,
Tom

BU1.jpgBU2.jpgBU3.jpgBU4.jpg

On a whim, I also picked up one of these from Uke Republic a month or so ago. I really like the traditional look compared to some of the other relatively inexpensive banjo ukes out there, and figured I couldn't go too wrong ordering from Uke Republic. I was right--this is an incredibly nice instrument for the price. Mine has great action, surprisingly nice tuners, and a wonderful old-time sound and vibe. Good luck with the sale!

Huh, that's pretty inticing. I wonder if it could take an unwound low G or low A string without major surgery. That's the main reason I traded out my BUT - really wanted a linear tuning on it and just couldn't, not with my skill set anyway.

Does this price include the shipping cost?Interested but will have to buy a proper
case for it. Advice? thanks. D.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom