Greetings from Orange County, CA

Karndog

Reaction score
Hi All!

This year we took a trip to Maui. My daughter begged and begged me for a Ukulele. Luckily we came across Mele Ukulele, and they sold us a very nice Maui Ukulele Co. Mahogany Soprano. This must be their house brand as I have not seen it elsewhere. In any case, they really did me a solid by giving me an inexpensive but decent instrument.

So, guess whose ukulele it is now? I started fooling around in my hotel room, learned the "four chords", and I was hooked. My daughter lost interest almost immediately.

I have no musical skills whatsoever, but I am enjoying learning.

I look forward to participating in this community.

Thanks,

Karndog

Welcome to UU. You're in the right place! Winter NAMM is in Anaheim at the end of January. So, you may get some Ukecentric events then. Keep your eyes and ears peeled, after the first of the year.

E Komo Mai!
Head over to Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach.
They have some evening jam groups/clubs you may join to get you playing.

E Komo Mai!
Head over to Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach.
They have some evening jam groups/clubs you may join to get you playing.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Welcome to UU. You're in the right place! Winter NAMM is in Anaheim at the end of January. So, you may get some Ukecentric events then. Keep your eyes and ears peeled, after the first of the year.

Thanks. I see there is something in Torrance next weekend as well.

Thanks. I see there is something in Torrance next weekend as well.

Welcome to you.
The event is the Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival, and it going to be awesome!
http://www.kalakoa.com/ukulele/

Consider attending, there are going to plenty of us who are
new to the ukulele.
:D

BTW,, your Mele brand gets plenty of positive comments, congratulations on a good choice.

Welcome to UU! :) Hope to see you at the LA Uke Fest!

Top Bottom