Something I'd never seen before...

Tigermelon

Reaction score
I went to a gathering of ukulele players on Friday night and the woman in front of me was playing something plugged into an amp with strings that were super thick, like the chord to a computer mouse or a clothesline. The sound it made was like a bass guitar. I didn't get a chance to ask her what it was, but it didn't sound anything like an ukulele, although it looked like one.

Can anyone tell me what was likely going on there?

Yep, a U-bass from Kala most likely. I play bass uke with my ukulele group, but I prefer other types, see my signature and photo.

Bass wall rack 1024.jpg

Yep, a U-bass from Kala most likely. I play bass uke with my ukulele group, but I prefer other types, see my signature and photo.

An impressive collection! As someone who spends some time on the bass as well as the uke, the U Bass has intrigued me - is it something you enjoy playing much compared to a normal uke?

Wow that's a beautiful collection of ukuleles! I also love the wall mount hanging the ukuleles; I'll considering purchasing something similar since my ukulele can tends to get knocked off by me (or my dogs).

Top Bottom