Bach Cello Suite no. 1 "Prelude" - Baritone Ukulele (w/ free tabs)

jordankiener

Reaction score

I arranged the Bach Cello Suite Prelude for Baritone Ukulele. I really like how this piece works on a guitar or uke and allows for more sustain, even though the design of the pieces are that the chords are well implied when played with none. Great exercise in arpeggios and scales, and for my newborn daughter, practicing this has proven to be a great lullaby.

Tabs can be found here:
http://bit.ly/2wMl1rj

Hope you enjoy!

Hello Jordan,

Congrats! Great work, clear and accurate. It's very precious to have a transcription in the original key of G, even if it raises some extra difficulties in the last bars, where musing in the highest frets is quite risky – at least on a low-g tenor – and may sound too thin on some entry-level instruments, when you need all the fortissimo you can get to achieve this gorgeous crescendo.

That said, I will follow your work with great interest, and hope you will soon venture in the other movements of this suite, which is my everyday breakfast (in any key, on any instrument I can put my hands on).
Regards,
Gilles

Thank you! I agree with all your comments on where the challenges lie in this piece, though attempting them has been a great education and I recommend it to anyone. It is indeed my hope to continue the suite, though it will be a long process to get there.

Whoa! 86bpm? I might could play it at 8bpm or 6bpm but certainly not 86bpm. :p

WOW - this is really an excellent performance Jordan!

I am very impressed.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Jordan... will you be at the LA uke event this weekend? If so, I’d love to say hello. Thank you for all of your work!

Oh man, I REALLY wish I was going! I've been following it on facebook and had hoped to attend this year. We just had a new baby, so right now I'm home with daddy duty. I'm definitely intending to make it next year, though.

Certainly far better than MY strumming of 'Kumbya' lol
Seriously, well done my friend. As a newbie I found this video quite inspirational.

Fantabulous! with emphasis on the 'tab" Very cool

Jordan, this was lovely!
Congrats on the new baby, who inspired this!

I arranged the Bach Cello Suite Prelude for Baritone Ukulele. I really like how this piece works on a guitar or uke and allows for more sustain, even though the design of the pieces are that the chords are well implied when played with none. Great exercise in arpeggios and scales, and for my newborn daughter, practicing this has proven to be a great lullaby.

Tabs can be found here:
http://bit.ly/2wMl1rj

Hope you enjoy!

This is quite an achievement, Jordan—both the playing AND the tabbing. Bravo. And congratulations on the new baby.

Top Bottom