First try - The Dance

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi all,
My names Dave and I'm sort of trying to learn the uke and joined UU a few weeks ago although I haven't posted or contributed much yet. I love all kinds of music and songs but, as nature didn't give me a great voice, I tend to mostly concentrate on silly, humorous songs where not having a great voice doesn't really matter.
I fiddle with piano and guitar a bit also and just found this guitar section so, as means of an introducing myself here, I thought I'd post a vid of one of the few times I tried a serious song - and it's also one of the very few times where I've tried using a support track; as you will see, not very successfully! 😂
Anyway, great to 'meet' you all and I look forward to interacting, sharing, and learning from you all as the months go by.
Regards to all, Dave x

Good Day Dave :) Nice to meet you on UU ..

It all sounds good to me, good for the soul I say, and I enjoyed the song, and btw your guitar reminds me of my Martinez Dreadnought which I gave to my Son a few years ago, similar but not the same ..

I'm just a bit curious did you do the backing track for the song also ?
I like to enjoy listening to some Piano melodies in songs on occasions ...

Well done Dave ..

Thanks Dean. No mate. I didn't do the backing on that particular one (to be fair I rarely use them), but I do try to compile some on occasions; albeit it's a whole new thing for me so I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I''ll keep trying and hopefully learning...lol

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment 'Mr Goat', appreciated.

Hi Dave! Nice to meet you! I love this song and attempted it on the uke a few months back ... wish I could play it on the guitar! (Oh, and I've just seen that you're from Essex - we have a flat there, but mainly live in France.) Very nicely done, Sir!

Last edited:
Thanks Lil. Been in essex since 1982 since moving up from east London. I'd love to spend these latter years of my life abroad somewhere but my family are having none of it. lol
Just read your list of ukes. Wow! Impressive.
Lovely to have heard from you.

Top Bottom