Wanted, Mountain Dulcimer

Santa

Reaction score
Looking to buy a good second hand mountain dulcimer, doesn't have to be a collectors piece, however needs to be a tidy, playable instrument without issues.

Shipping, freight, and payment no problem, will be within the USA.

Anyone??????:)

hey Santa,
have you checked out Applecreek?
They are in the USA but very reasonably priced and good players.
I'm actually in Oz too and I was very pleased with the one I bought a few years back.
Solid cherry wood and sounds and feels very nice under the fingers.
maybe worth a look. Cheers

Hi, I've got a beautiful mountain dulcimer that I've had for a lot of years that doesn't get played much anymore since I started playing the ukulele. Asking $200 shipped.
IMG_1861.jpg

Hi, I've got a beautiful mountain dulcimer that I've had for a lot of years that doesn't get played much anymore since I started playing the ukulele. Asking $200 shipped.
View attachment 103386

Hi Jimmer, what's the specs on your dulcimer; scale length, woods, brand?

I have 2 mountain dulcimers I hardly play due to ukulele infatuation.
1. Ron Gibson Barbara Allen dulcimer. Teardrop shape, fiddlehead, all cherry, 6-string. Grover Sta Tite tuners, abalone inlaid markers, 26" scale length, strap buttons. This instrument has just returned from nationally-known luthier who installed frets to make it fully chromatic and adjusted it for better playability. This baby RINGS. Played very little due to UAS. Extra stings included. With everything extra, was $360-. Now $289-. Shipping not included.
2. Roosebeck Grace 5-string mountain dulcimer (with waist), rosewood and spruce, vaulted fret board. Look it up on eBay. Luthier installed frets to make it fully chromatic and adjusted it for better playability, and it really is excellent and ready to go. There is a tiny dent on the front of the instrument, 1/16", came with it. Paid $279- plus luthier fees. Now $249-, shipping not included.
I don't hesitate in the least recommending either or both of these instruments. They are both excellent plus. The Ron Gibson is minty; the Roosebeck has the flaw mentioned.
I won't take photos unless you are interested. Please let me know via PM. Thank you!
P.S.:I have excellent feedback on ebay, MH$P and have sold dulcimers on Everything Dulcimer and FOTMD.

Top Bottom