Season 294

This was a one and done cover of Sasquatch after several failed attempts to do Tenacious D's Wonderboy.

1-minute commentary after the song. A song I wrote for some reason a long time ago. One of the few from that time that I can still remember the words for.

Engine Engine number 9
Rolling down that lonely line
If the train should jump the track
Would I ever get my baby back
From that long long road she roams
She's gone down that long long road from home

Engine engine on the track
Can I have my baby back
She told me once that she loved me
But she said she had to be free
So she chose you over me
She's gone but that train keeps rolling on

Just last night I had a dream
My baby had come back it seemed
She told me that she still loved me
But then I heard that lonely whine
Old Engine Engine number 9
Like a lost and lonely ghost so far from home
So far from home
Down that long long road from home
She's gone but that train keeps rolling on

Engine engine number 9
Rolling down that lonely line
Took that curve a little fast
Now she's just a ghost in my past
But it still keeps rolling on
She's gone but I hear that train roll on

Every night I have a dream
My baby had come back it seems
She tells me that she still loves me
But then I hear that lonely whine
Old Engine Engine number 9
It's a lost and lonely ghost so far from home
So far from home
Down that long long road from home
She's gone but I hear that train roll on

Last edited:
It took me until today to find a song that fits the theme that I feel inspired to play. Unfortunately it will probably take me a week of solid practice to get it up to scratch, so I don't think it will make an appearance this season. Hopefully it will fit the bill for a future season because I'll definitely learn it.

Strange things were indeed afoot tonight at the Folk Project Getaway's first ever open stage. I'm pretty sure the events of "On Top of Spaghetti" qualify, especially to the tune of "Get Off My Cloud" with a rocking full band.

The band, Flying Spaghetti Monsters, features the amazing Chris Bukata on lead guitar, Paul joining us halfway, plus the (off-stage to the right) evening's backup band, the Bunk Bed Boys. You can see a bit of fellow Seasonista FiL on cajon at the edge. You can't see Todd on bass, host Mitch on guitar, and Bob McNally on a guitar, or maybe a strumstick.

PS, I'm the last one standing. Better get some sleep before the sun interrupts....

Last edited:
Final entry where I contemplate the meaning of mojo and how it might work.
I had a good laugh when I considered what it might be.

Here a Dwight Yoakam song I loved in the 80's, and haven't heard in a long time. Forgot how much I did love it. This is a heck of a song I think.

I interrupt this season to say that Season 295 has been posted.

Don't forget to wait to post until after Midnight Hawaii tonight which is just over 12 hours away as I write.

Now back to our good host for S294 which still has a day and a half to run.

My friend Andrew wrote a short story about a girl and her love of animals, and I wrote a song about the story.

I'm having a difficult week, and I hope this makes you happy!

294-2

A nice song I didn't know before this season. Love that about the seasons. Learn that there are so many great songs I've not ever heard.

Those of you who watch the silly rubbish I post may have noted that Melissa and I are sort of amateur Bigfoot hunters...we even planned a vacation to Willow Creek this year to soak up all the Bigfoot lore (most of it closed and or being leaned up against by people who had consumed quite a lot of methamphetamine). We did hear signs of the beast and find evidence it had been in a few spots in the national forest (which we illegally entered- also closed), but alas no pictures or video was to be had.
A less than quick homage to Roger Patterson, Northern California (my home), and the skunk ape.

This was a one and done cover of Sasquatch after several failed attempts to do Tenacious D's Wonderboy.

Hahahahahaha I was hoping someone would do this! I was thinking about it, since I have already played Friend of the Devil for another season,
but I went with another tune.
Nicely done!

I've been away the weekend and got home this evening and just recorded one.............Its uploading now so gawd only knows how long it will take.........soooooooo slooooow arghhhh .

If you're not familiar with ESG, please check them out. They rule. And it's pretty tough to communicate their minimalist funk groove with a uke. Still, I gave it a shot :p

Top Bottom