Season 294

Aloha Seasonistas!
Well I may be employing the Thornton rule just a touch here...
George R. R. Martin is a Deadhead, and calls the big wolves in Game of Thrones Dire Wolves - after the Grateful Dead song Dire Wolf.
So this fits in with cryptozoology / mythical creatures, right? :D
Here is Dire Wolf, this song is a real hoot to play.
I learned it off book, something I am trying to do for all Seasons entries now.
I can play this well, even have little riffs and a solo, but once the camera starts rolling all those go out the window.
SO discouraging. I was at take 19 and finally just had to post it.
I have another song about a legendary Hawaiian mythical creature, but I want to hit the beach before another exercise in frustration.
A hui hou!

I also had time to record this sweet, strange song by Hüsker Dü. May songwriter Grant Hart, who died recently of cancer at age 56, rest in peace.

Cryptozoology (Love is Strange)

Good Evening Seasonistas, or rather good morning... :)
This was such a great theme, I had to get this new original done for it. It's the well worn tale of the Love between a Bigfoot and the Cryptozoologist who pursues him. I spent all of my time messing around in Gargageband so its kind of a weird random video. :)
Thanks Alan for such a fun theme!
Now I must sleep.

OK here is song #2. Menehune are Hawaiian "elves" that were skilled craftsmen and would mysteriously build things like fish ponds, roads, and heiau (temples) overnight.
I was trying to find a Hawaiian song about menehune but could not really find anything. So I asked my friend Jeff Au Hoy, a local musician with an encyclopedic knowledge of Hawaiian songs,
and he told me about this tune from Sam Kahalewai. The original is a pretty swingin' tune with bossa nova drums and vibes - take a listen here.

Oh, by the way, the ukulele used in this video is for sale - I just need to make the thread for it - if you know anyone who may be interested, PM me!
It is a Kamoa GC-700 tiger maple w/pickup. This is a player's ukulele, not a show queen, but she is pretty.

Greetings,

Fantastic fun for all! Thanks for hosting.

Ciao

Great hosting, Alan. I set aside time to listen to as many as possible this week. Great antidote to the political shenanigans happening outside my door.
I really enjoyed the range of material that people brought to the table this week. So glad you liked my tale of my Mum's voodoo. :)

Top Bottom