Koa Pili Koko (KPK) Deluxe Mahogany Tenor with Mahogany binding*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkthompson

Reaction score
This Koa Pili Koko Deluxe Mahogany Tenor with figured maple binding in "like new" condition (no blemishes) was purchased from Jason at pilikoko.com a couple of years ago. Currently strung with Worth clear strings, it has a bright, balanced tone, good sustain and low action for easy playability. KPK tenors have a 1.5" nut , a low/flat neck profile, and an open pore, low gloss finish. Includes padded gig bag.

I own two other KPKs (a pineapple and a mahogany concert) and the only reason I'm getting rid of this tenor is I'm limiting myself to one mahogany tenor, and that'll be a recently acquired Collings UT1.

Price $200 includes CONUS shipping, pal pay friends and family. You won't find a better solid mahogany tenor at this price point!

As an aside, I understand that Aersi (the Chinese manufacturer) has reclaimed the KPK brand, and that Jason will no longer be selling "gumby" headstock KPK ukes from his Hawaiian shop.

*Instead of bumping an old thread that included a Favilla soprano that has sold, I thought I'd post this KPK Tenor separately.

IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0834.jpgIMG_0833.jpgIMG_0831.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom