Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I never cared for baritone ukuleles until.....

I keep my baritone around to remind myself that I really don't want a guitar. I like the sound, but can't quite do the stretch.
    Kiwaya KTS-6
    Enya X1 soprano
    Kiwaya KTC-2
    Ohana BK20

As promised, these links might help get you started if you are interested in fifths tunings:

Mandolin, octave mandolin and similar GDAE-tuned instruments:
    http://mandolinchords.net/chords/chart/

Tenor guitar, tenor banjo, mandola, and similar CDGA-tuned instruments:
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/chords/tenor.pl

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    Yes, the fingerings are different, as are the scale intervals...

There are a few sites that have a PDF that you can download that shows ALL of the chords for MANDOLIN, which is GDAE, and also any melody lines written for Violin will work too since as bratsche said violin is also GDAE.

Also, there are PDF files of ALL the chords for CGDA tuning, which is used for viola, mandola, some cello, and ALSO tenor guitar, which are all tuned to CGDA.

I will try to find the links in my bookmarks and share them here....

After 3+ years playing tenors, I picked up a Baritone about you 6 months ago. It is my main player. I love that sound. I am seriously thinking about picking up an 8 string cedar topped Kala Baritone next weekend. Might pick up a Soprano as well for when I want that bark.

8 strings are tempting, since baritone was for me an octave mandolin substitute initially, and I wish there were more affordable baritone options. But so is low CGDA (cello) tuning! For right now, I'll just be satisfied with what I have. ;-)

bratsche
    A bunch of stringed instruments tuned in fifths. And a bunch of cats!

"There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    After 3+ years playing tenors, I picked up a Baritone about you 6 months ago. It is my main player. I love that sound. I am seriously thinking about picking up an 8 string cedar topped Kala Baritone next weekend. Might pick up a Soprano as well for when I want that bark.
    Very much being an enabler, that sounds like a good plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    Very much being an enabler, that sounds like a good plan to me.
    Booli, I am not sure who is the best (or worst) enabler you or Dave. I do value the weath of experience here on UU.

Booli, I am not sure who is the best (or worst) enabler you or Dave. I do value the weath of experience here on UU.
    Yes, I think that those of us most deeply afflicted with UAS, have fallen under the influence of some kind of mind control or brain fever that motivates us to recruit others to the cause and there is some dopamine or oxytocin release that comes with it somehow...it's like a 'smart' viral form of meningitis

Just learned that Mike from Uke Republic sold the last 8 string so he will come to Strummin’ Man with out one. Not sure what I will do now. I need another Baritone.

Just learned that Mike from Uke Republic sold the last 8 string so he will come to Strumminí Man with out one. Not sure what I will do now. I need another Baritone.
    HMS has one.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-...-slothead.html

Just sayin'
    Cocobolo Pineapple #1
    Ohana Sopranissimo
    Maccaferri Islander
    Harmony Soprano
    D. Heilman ULO #7 Concert
    Mainland Cedar Baritone
    Kala Elite Custom Lebanese Cedar Tenor
    Kanilea K-1 SC
    Bonanza Retro Mint Pear Tenor
    Druid Moon Koa Tenor
    Primrose Cedar/Maple Soprano
    Flea Lava Soprano
    Outdoor Amethyst Soprano
    Cocobolo Cedar Top Tenor
    1933 Martin 1K Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by OhioBelle View Post
    Mike will have some more at Uke Republic in November. So far in my Ukulele life I have not bought an Ukulele without playing it first. That was the advantage of Mike bringing one to the Strummin’ Man Festival next weekend. Not sure what to do. I can see what Baritones are available at the festival or I may have to breakdown and order one on faith. I could drive to Atlanta in November and look at them at Uke Republic when the next order arrives.

The advantage of buying one in person is that I can pretty much tell my wife that. “Oh, I just picked that up with some loose change in my pocket.” If I order one there is a credit card statement that will get much scrutney.

Thread Information