Hi from Seattle

maryvu

Reaction score
Hi!

I’ve been learning since June 2017! Keeping my ukulele acquisition mostly in check. I am starting to practice songs for Christmas. I also do some woodworking, so I’m hoping to have a ‘built by me’ uke by Christmas.

Mary

Kala KA-C
Makala Shark (Soprano)
refinished 60’s Luna from Japan (soprano)

Hi, Uncle Rod here.

STRUM ( Seattle's Totally-Relaxed Ukulele Musicians) meets every Wed evening, 6-8p at the Kona
Kitchen Restaurant, 85th and 5th NE, about a mile south of Ngate Mall on 5th NE. Please come
and join us.

a local luthier, Kerry Bannister, often joins us.

I purchased a Martin Soprano 'hybrid' [Martin Soprano fretted neck on a new koa body] from Kerry.
He may be able to give you a few hints from his vast experience :)

Please don't be concerned by the name of our group as all levels and styles of uke players are welcome
to join us. No worries about a songbook. We project the songs onto a screen so we're all on the
same page... literally :)

keep uke'in',

Hello Mary, welcome to the mix.

Welcome to the forums!

Hi Maryvu, just a reminder that STRUM meets tonight, Wed the 4th, 6-8p, at Kona Kitchen Restaurant,
Maple Leaf district, about a mile south of Ngate mall on 5th NE (the East border of Ngate) :)

we will have a couple of gifts for you and every new guest who joins us - with or without a uke! :)

keep uke'in',

I am going to come tonight!

What did you think of the jam session? Although I only recognized a song (or two) when I attended for the first time a week ago, I found it a great way to practice strums and chord progressions.

just to let everyone (In Seattle) know about the 2nd Sat Kanikapila at Kona Kitchen restaurant
tomorrow, Sat the 14th.

it's 9-noon, so come for breakfast then stay for the jam session - 'Spam n Jam' :)

no Frankenscreen, but people will share their songbook with you :)

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom