Hello from London

AmandaJ

Reaction score
Hello from London

Just found this forum - it looks like a great place.

I currently own 2 ukuleles but I have a bit of string instrument addiction and also have 3 guitars, 2 violins, a banjo and a mandolin.

I haven't been playing the ukulele for too long but it's fast becoming my favourite instrument.

Now all I need to do is constrain myself from buying too many more ... :D

Welcome Amanda! It is a great place, and very active compared to a lot of online fora these days. I'm with you on the stringed instruments - 2 guitars, a mandolin, a turkish oud and 8 ukes of various stripes.

Thank you both. :D

I had to look that up - it looks interesting. :)

I'm currently looking at bajoleles and I've just found out about madoleles!

I will readily confess that I haven't really learnt to play it yet - with a one year old running around at home my practise time is currently rather limited!

Hello London, er, I mean Amanda :)

You'll find that there's lots of UU members here from London.

Adding to your uke collection (and that of other instruments) is par for the course around here.

The Hive Mind has concluded that UAS (Ukulele Acquistion (or Addiction) Syndrome) has infect most folks far and wide here on UU, so you will be in good company if you should choose that path...

Welcome to UU - and please don't be afraid to ask questions or chime in anywhere, any time... :)

Greetings from a hundred miles north of yourself!

Welcome AmandaJ!

I also recently discovered the ukulele and like you, it is fast becoming my favorite instrument as well. I have a theory that the ukulele has a special magic that makes it extra darn charming to any musician who happens to pick one up and give it a go. It's like the puppydog of stringed instruments--instantly endearing. You can take it anywhere and just strum away. And what fun it is!

Happy uking :cool:

:D @ "puppydog of stringed instruments"

And you are right - it is instantly endearing.

Top Bottom