Fluke and strap problems

Scooter1552

Reaction score
I have a Koa Fluke and love playing it but without a strap it’s a little slippery to hold onto. I didn’t buy the anti slip strips, should have, and trying to use it with a strap is frustrating. The strap keeps slipping too far forward causing it to buzz against the “a” string. I think I have found the solution! I have a releasable stick on hook stuck to the underside of the body to keep the strap strings from moving forward. It seems to work great so far and involves no permanent attachment. Painted it black with permanent marker. image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 92
Interesting idea. I've not seen anyone do it this way before.

There is a previous and pretty long thread wherein strapping a Fluke or Flea has been discussed and many options given, which you can get to by clicking here.

As well as LOTS of info for you to read regarding these excellent instruments made by The Magic Fluke Company in the mega-thread here.

ahoy

i broke down
bought a strap from Magic Fluke
works great with my Flea

mind
they get about 25 bucks each for their strap
and one may not like
have that stick on Velcro bit stuck to instrument

yours truly
mac

Last edited:
Good idea! And if it works for you it works! I have the non-slip strips put on when I ordered, still found the uku moving around when I changed cords, went to an event and talked to several people about their strap set ups, saw a couple here, ended up with MF strap....velcro is not my friend but sometimes it just works, and the sticky side should clean up pretty well off the plastic if I ever need to do that.

Top Bottom