Ukulele with circle of fifths carved on front around sound hole?

AmyDee

Reaction score
I saw an ad (maybe on facebook?) awhile back for a ukulele that was advertised as being designed to help one learn how to play. It had the notes carved onto the fretboard, and a circle of fifths carved onto the front around the sound hole.

Do any of you know who makes this instrument?

If you've played one, what did you think of it?

Thanks for the link, Booli!

Love the design esthetic, and the fact that Tyde uses reclaimed wood from the furniture business.

The percussion shakers are so cute. They even have one with the same "learner" features as the learner ukulele model, including the circle of fifths. Great gift idea!

Thanks for the info and the link. Putting one on my birthday "wish list."

I have to admit that when I saw the title of this thread, my gut reaction was rather negative.

But this Uke is actually pretty darn nifty. Thanks for sharing!

This is not even close to the same, but I taped a chord chart on the back of my baritone. I also write phone numbers in my arm.

I don't often get impressed by the look of instruments, but WOW. That's some nice stuff. The monster bevels are insane! Wonder how they affect the weight/sound?

Saw them at the festival too. On the side are common chords. They looked really nice.

Maybe nitpicky, but the chords engraved on the side are chords that correspond to the circle of fifths, not necessarily common chords.
Certainly a beginner chord list would replace at least half of these with more common chords.

I was there last weekend, at their booth, and I picked them all up and played them all. They were spectacular, by sound and feel. That super monster bevel that they have makes me want to do that to every ukulele I own. They were so smooth and comfortable. They felt like a little brown wooden pillow. They had quite a few ukuleles that had a one piece back and sides that must have been chiseled or CNC’d out. Every millimeter of those ukuleles were considered. As soon as I save up the five bills I’m getting one of those pineapples. I love that they’re taking ukulele design in a new direction. Zero affiliation with this company, I met the maker and already forgot his name. :(

I'd like to have circle of fifths put on back of ukulele. On top too except the fretboard-bridge area is maybe too small on most designs.
It is one of the most useful tools in a compact form.

Last edited:
Top Bottom