WTB Kamaka 8 string

valde002

Reaction score
Let me know if you have one and want to part with it. Or, if you know of any on the web.

Thanks!

I have one that I am willing to part with. White label, not home till Sunday night maybe Monday,( on road vacation in Montana ),to send lots of photos. Plays well, great condition . I have 69 Ike's and would have to see the strings I put on it just last year, bought strings at HMS. No smoking. Hard foam case. Would like 4800 for it

I have one that I am willing to part with. White label, not home till Sunday night maybe Monday,( on road vacation in Montana ),to send lots of photos. Plays well, great condition . I have 69 Ike's and would have to see the strings I put on it just last year, bought strings at HMS. No smoking. Hard foam case. Would like 4800 for it

$800 ,pressed wrong keys,sorry

cool, can't wait to see the pics.

I will be away for the weekend, will pick it back up on Monday. Gotta work! :rulez:

The white label 8 string is very different from the modern ones. I suggest that you try them both or BUY them both.

The white label 8 string is very different from the modern ones. I suggest that you try them both or BUY them both.
Might be good advice since all mfg. have diff feel on the necks. I have three 8 strings, Kamaka, Mele, Kanilea, play diff on necks
If you want lots of photos send me a PM with your email address & i could attach them

Hope you can listen to the one you buy. The two I've heard weren't all that impressive sounding.

Might be good advice since all mfg. have diff feel on the necks. I have three 8 strings, Kamaka, Mele, Kanilea, play diff on necks
If you want lots of photos send me a PM with your email address & i could attach them

Thanks! Am not impressed with Kanilea. Don't know Mele. To me, there is no "better" uke than the Kamakas, they have that chimey harp sound that I love. I would assume that the Kamaka would have the best 8 string as well (but you know what they say about assumptions, lol...).

I saw that, thanks!

I actually loved the other one that was sold but waited too long, now with 'didn't buyers' remorse, lol. The other was gorgeous and I'm just bummed that it's gone. This one is nice but reminds me of the other one and unfortunately I had an emotional attachment to. First world problem I guess, considering the loss of homes in PR and everywhere. Need to count my blessings... Plus, Mim didn't even email me back anything. Oh well, one will be for sale at some point during my life. Actually considering the Luna 8 string instead if nothing shows up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom